Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl Mantra 2011... As good as the reviews?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skied the 2011 Mantra yet? Do you know if it has changed from the 2010 model apart from the styling?

I'm thinking about getting something new to replace my Karma's (which I love); This seems like the obvious choice, and all the reviews are 5*... Does this ski have any limitations? What bindings would people reccomend? I ski 60% piste, 40% off.....

Would like a couple of first hand reviews before I fork out £550!

Thanks,

Jon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow and Rock have them in their demo pool at Hemel - suggest give them a try and compare to some others e.g. Scott Crusade which is also in the demo pool. Pick your time carefully though when it's likely to be not too busy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great, thanks for the advice, I'll try and get there to try them out.... Not sure when its likely to be 'not too busy' at this time of year, might have to skive work one day wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonboy21 - just bought myself a pair of 2009/10's in 184cm c/w marker dukes in the off-season, great deal and worth consdidering from Conrad Sport in Germany if they have any left, I was advised that the 2010/11 is same apart from the graphics. I had a pair of 07/08 Mantras, ski'd them loads and they are fantastic, sorry to see them go but wanted a different binding. Liked them so much my wife also just bought the femele version, Aura's, also from Conrad. Highly recommended, love 'em Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jonboy_21,

I skied an earlier version of the Mantra but preferred other skis - probably because I'm only 72kg and used to softer touring skis. For lighter skiers it might be a bit too stiff, other than that it gets great reviews from many different sources.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try the Kendo as well if you ski 60% on piste, wee bit skinnier
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Awsome ski for aggressive skiers, new profile this year!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lynseyf, Just bought the Kendo with Marker F12's should be delivered next week cannot wait to try them.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fogliettaz wrote:
lynseyf, Just bought the Kendo with Marker F12's should be delivered next week cannot wait to try them.

Nice Smile

I tried the F12s at the same demo I tried the Kendos and to me they just felt like any other alpine binding. They felt pretty secure as well, I have tried the marker M11s and kept stepping out them, enjoy Smile
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've bought without trying!! but all the reviews seem to say that it is the ski I was looking for!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Demoed them last season and they made deep off piste/ Trees so much easier (I am usually utterly rubbish in trees) the were a little "boaty" on piste but you will not want to on piste on these babies anyway. If I see a pair at a a decent price this season they are going into my quiver.

Andy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fogliettaz, well if you don't like them I'll buy them off you for a tenner Wink

sorry for thread hijack
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Right, I'm convinced and they have been ordered... Will let you all know how I get on! Going to sell the Karma's now if anyone is interested!

Jon
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
lynseyf, They arrived yesterday with a pair of Gotama's for my son, cannot wait to try them. Luckily we both have the same boot size so I have a pair of powder skis in the locker as well wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy