Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mobile Broadband Dongle Internet Access France question?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Most of the time I use various WIFI bars in Serre Che for my Internet access - I need this not only to post on my blog to make you all jealous of the days antics but actually to still do some work, as I do web stuff.

Last couple of years I've run up huge bills using my mobile and O2 when I thought I was being careful, even though it's tax deductable.

So like here is it possible to buy a pay as you go dongle on a monthly tariff no contracts etc - I have been Googling and it would seem that there are some tarrifs etc but does anyone have first hand knowledge as like here in the UK I'd imagine tarrifs etc are changing all the time.

I would ask my brother who lives outside Grenoble but he is clueless on things like this, and what advice he'd give would probably be wrong!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd be interested to know the answer to this too!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
> So like here is it possible to buy a pay as you go dongle on a monthly tariff no contracts etc

yes but you will have to sacrifice your first born to pay for it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ what he says, high cost for low download allowance, plus need for french bank account.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This summer when I went to France and Spain I used a t mobile euro booster that you pay in advance for my iphone. It was £10 for 50 mb. This doesnt sound alot but i think the iphone uses less data than a pc as it lasted me about a week of regular surfing. I then got a text to say I had used up the total allowance and would I like to buy another ... and so on etc. As a guide o2 wanted £50 for the same 50 mb of data.
This year when I go abroad i am taking my iphone with a vodafone sim, I get 5 mb euro surfing a day included in my contract, so this should do me as long as I dont go mad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Came across these "solutions" whilst doing a little more research

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopicp-573580.html

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-71743-france-mobile-broadband-internet-access-success-orange-3g.html

The above post could be referring to this http://boutique.orange.fr/ESHOP_mx_orange/?tp=F&ref=39008&IDCible=1&type=11&donnee_appel=ORESH but I can't quite work it out!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
To answer the original question. Bouyges payg 3g is 6 euros per day for 300 MO otherwise 12h surfing is 20 euros. I think all the "budget" operators only have WAP/GPRS access.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It sounds like it's stupidly expensive compared to the UK. I'm surprised the French put up with this! I'm sure there must be just as much demand for cheap 3G data.

I'm probably going to port my number to vodafone for the coming season who charge £1 per MB for roaming internet - not bad for occasional email checking etc (my current network Orange charge £3 per MB). Then seek out wifi somewhere if I need to do something more substantial.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
musehead wrote:
It sounds like it's stupidly expensive compared to the UK. I'm surprised the French put up with this!

Don't be too impressed by all the revolutionary fervour, it rarely amounts to much.

Let me give you some other examples of where les citoyens are being enculer:

price of a baguette has risen from 3 france to 85E centimes since the euro came in, thats nearly double. A cuppa has gone from 6 francs to a couple of euros, again nearly double in 10 years.

Most of industry is in a price fixing cartel to avoid "harmful" competition.

Oh I noticed that the Pays de Lac Leman season lift passes have risen 10% this year.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
davidof, Sounds like a damn good reasons for a strike Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi all,

if in France check out what the local operators have

I have had both an orange and sfr payg usb dongle (found the sfr signal better around Bourg Saint Maurice) and 10€ usually gets me enough time for a week the operators do often have offers on the purchase price of the dongles.

i've just ordered additional sfr units to leave in the apartments we rent out, people can get a recharge at any of the local phone shops
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've also bought data bundles in the UK (from Orange) for European consumption. It saves a fortune and you can roam between networks to get whichever one has the best signal.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The bowling alley near us in Arc 2000 offers free wireless if you are drinking, however bearing in mind the price of a pint I think a dongle would be cheaper. Sad Shocked
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy