Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thoughts on Les Houches please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thanks guys for correcting my info on Les Houches which appears to have more chairlifts than drag lifts making a lot more attractive than 5 or 6 years before .
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went to Les Houches last New Year and going again this year. Last year was superb and we had lots of fresh snow while there. It was pretty quiet and the fresh stuff took ages to track out. In the morning if on first lift we skied for about 60 minutes and saw no-one else on one day. Anglo Scottish childrens races are on over New Year so a couple of pistes will be closed on race days 2nd 3rd of Jan. Not sure about the training days. Another vote for Cham Express , used them last year , they even organised lift passes which meant we left Edinburgh on the 6:30 flight to Geneva , collected lift passes at the Cham Express desk , hopped on the minibus and were skiing in Les Hocuhes by lunch time. Bonus. I think there is something for all , with some great carving piste runs , the off piste was good and the tree runs under the lift lines can be interesting. For a small resort I'd say it was pretty good , there are a number of new chairlifts now too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One more question - do you think I can book the accommodation now (as the hotel I am looking at is filling up)? We are going mid-Jan - or should I wait and see what the snow is like?

Thanks a lot
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for all your help, have just returned from a lovely few days in Les Houches. Unfortunately the snow was thin on the ground, but it wasn't terrible up the top of the Prarion. All the recommendations were good - faultless transfers with Chamexpress, and a great stay at Slalom hotel. We took lessons for 40 euro an hour for 2 people, and there were plenty enough slopes for us. Sad it went so quickly!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy