Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UCPA Flaine, 15th January

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey! I'm doing 2 weeks in Flaine from 15th January with Action Outdoors. I am going solo for the first week then meeting a group of work buddies out there for the second week (22nd January). If anybody might be interested in buddying up for the first week or if your already out there that week and fancy meeting for a drink then please get in touch! I'm a friendly 25 year old guy who loves skiing and is always up for a laugh and meeting new people Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Johnboy85, hope you have fun. The Flaine centre is great, I went there last year. If you have any questions please let me know. Also, if you haven't already booked use the discount code STSL2010 when you book and you'll get a tenner off!

When in Rome etc.... Twisted Evil
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Sideshow! Smile Really looking forward to going.. just booked it today! Did you do any instruction when you went? I have booked the Off-Piste Full-Time Instruction course. I am a confident on-piste skier (although my technique is far from textbook as I have only really had a week of formal tuition) and I have also messed about in the park a bit. I spoke to someone from Action Outdoors and they seemed to think that I would be OK for the Off-Piste course but said that if there was any problem it would be easy to swap over to a different course. Do you recall the off-piste courses being suitable for someone of my description? If you have any other general tips/advice for Flaine I would be most interested! Thanks Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Johnboy85, I did the off-piste course, and we had a quite experienced group, all with experience off-piste. It was more guiding than instruction to be honest. One of the other English guys didn't have any real off-piste experience and was a bit of a limited piste-skier anyway so he had to move down to quite a lowly all-round group but they managed this efficiently and other than his pride having taken a bash he was fine. I'm sure you'll be fine though - if you're comfortable skiing black runs in any condition then you should be able to ski to the level of the group. Flaine itself is quite quiet and small, although the centre itself has a huge lounge area and relatively decent bar so I spent most of my apres in there with my group and the other English-speakers. Go out and get wine from the supermarket to have with evening meals - the bar can give you a corkscrew and glasses.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sideshow_Bob, thanks for your advice this is really useful. I think I will stick with the Off-Piste course and hope the lower groups involve a bit more instruction. I'll also be sure to stock up at the Supermarket upon arrival Wink Thanks again!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy