Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telepeage question - special offer?

Poster: A snowHead
I am just looking to order a telepeage fob and came across this site...

Elior telepeage

It says that you don't pay the deposit (I read somewhere that this was €30), you get back the €5 p&p from your first invoice but you have to pay for 6 months €2/month as a one off. I'm driving in Dec, Jan and Mar so am not bothered by this.

It seems like a good deal but am I missing any TP discounts that may be available with other sellers?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
if you go to APRR you can get one with a UK credit card, it costs E10 including delivery, you only pay E1.5 for each month you use it and you get your E10 off your first bill Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks TB. In my usual style I had ploughed on and ordered a card from Elior/Vinci.

I've translated all the TCs and it seems fine.

I actually get my first 6 months free (starts from the first month of use), then its €2 per month that I use it.

I have applied for a fob and can send off details for it to direct debit my bills from a French bank account or I can just leave it and it bills my credit card. I can't find anything to say that billing my card will cost me more so think I will just leave it to do that.

Its accepted my application so all seems good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I can't find anything to say that billing my card will cost me more so think I will just leave it to do that

the French company won't charge more, but if it's a UK credit card there may well be charges (and/or rubbish exchange rates) for purchases abroad.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Pam. I can fill out a DD through my parents' bank (they live in France) but may just leave it. It may be more hassle to send them the Euros than to have my card billed in Euros and pay a small charge, 3 times a year.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
TotallyBoard, How long did it take to arrive?
I have just ordered one online. It recognised Grande Bretagne as a valid address, but would not accept my postcode, nor would it let me leave it blank. I entered six zeroes and it seemed happy. I put the postcode in the field "complement."
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
planeurge, yeah exactly what I did (zeros). It took just shy of a week, I can't wait to fly through the 'T' lane Smile
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bar shaker, a DD on your parents bank account sounds a much better idea to me. wink We get billed monthly I think (I tend never to look at the bills....)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I think this link covers most questions

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68750
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah, yes. I had seen that thread, but stopped reading it before it got to the postcode bit.

I wasn't sure whether there was a suggestion that you could avoid paying altogether by stopping your card. Surely not. It is just my suspicious mind.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, I agree, we could just deduct it from what they owe us wink

The post code works if you put it in with a space between the numbers.

It took me thre goes as I wanted to read everything and then it kept timing me out.

I can't wait to toot the Frenchies as I pass them in the toll queues over New Year Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

I can't wait to toot the Frenchies as I pass them in the toll queues over New Year

when there are big jams, with queues in all lanes, a peage badge makes not a jot of difference, of course. I drove (north) past several miles of stationary south-bound cars waiting to go through the peage north of Reims, at half term a few years ago. I imagine the people with the peage badges felt even more frustrated than everybody else. Those particular toll gates will not be an issue any more, of course, with the bypass open.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bar shaker - The problem will be the idiots (mostly with UK plates) who use the Telepeage line to try and jump the queue and cut in at the last second, blocking the lane until someone decides to let them in. Other than that it can save 10~15 minutes per toll.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

the Telepeage line

but a mile off the gates there's no such thing as a "telepeage line" is there?

Most of the time (and I do the return drive to the Alps 4 times a year, with a badge) I'd say my average time saving is about 20 seconds. I avoid peak periods though, when the savings will be greater except in those big jams, when the whole road might be jammed for miles. It seems that there are hugely more badges - sales must be booming - and at some toll gates now every way has a t-badge over it. Clearly the trend will be for more people to buy badges if time savings become significant - then they'll even out again. If the majority had a badge then it wouldn't make much difference at all.

They're handy things, but hardly life-changing.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
One of the main reasons for getting it is that I am driving down to my wife's parents on my own, as my wife will already be down there. The faff of running around the car and back to pay the toll is not something I want to repeat.
snow report
I have just looked on the APRR website to get a tag and again on the T&Cs it states you must have a french or monaco bank account, really frustrating!

you dont need this in the uk for a m6 toll tag, all done by credit card.

grr.

I hate having to get close enough for the wife to lean out, and as she only has short arms, i have to get even closer than normal!!!
ski holidays
Quote:

you dont need this in the uk for a m6 toll tag, all done by credit card

Puzzled But isn't that a pre-pay tag? Not the same thing at all. If your account is not in credit - tough!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy