Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PX15 and Pivot 140 forward pressure

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think I'm being an idiot and have had the former explained before.

Can someone take a minute?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If its the one with the tab move the heel until the window shows half black/half yellow IIRC. There is a manual online somewhere.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or, if your PX's have the forward pressure screw (as opposed to the liftable flat metal tab) in the rear, adjust it so that the rear of the housing is level with the groove around the screw (which is about a about a cm from the end of the screw) when the boot is installed.

On the Pivot bindings the extending arms have 3 knurled bands on them. The arms have a screwhead on the end which can only be access when the boot isinstalled. The two outer ones are the upper and lower limits which give an overall adjustment of 8mm. The centre one is the ideal.

Extending the arms by turning them anticlockwise reduces the forward pressure and shortening the arms by turning the arms clockwise increases it.

The target should be to have the end of sloping indicator at the rear of the base plate in line with the raised notches either side when the boot is installed. However but this is often inaccurate and the best method/test is to set the forward pressure so that when the heel piece lever is slowly raised to half-way it then it ‘snaps’ fully up.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon, fatbob, thanks. I forget to check back (the day before I'm going skiing rolling eyes).

This is what I have but I seem to remember there was once a housing...

snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon, just read what you had written properly, thanks Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I was out yesterday and it seems the PX15s have developed a bit of play in the heel. The boot has slight movement up and down, is this normal for bindings that are getting on a bit?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scotia, not really. You sure it's play in the heel pieces & not worn heel lugs on your boots?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
spyderjon, boots only have about 4 days in them. Dynafit Zzeuss with the DIN soles...

Cheers.

Edit: the movement was as if the boot soles had been worn. Weird. Will double check with some other bindings and post again.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The boots seem fine in Vist 614s and 412s. Tried to take a video of what was happening but failed miserably Laughing

Slight vertical play which can't amount to more than 1-2mm but it can be felt.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy