Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austrian Ski Instructor Course (Level One) (Anwarter)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone,

I am a BASI level one ski instructor who is going to Austria for a season. I've got a job lined up in a school and they've said I could work for them so long as I do the Anwarter. Does anyone know if there is an Anwarter course in early January (one that finishes before the 18th) or one after the 25th of January, perhaps in February no later? Anywhere in Austria??

(I need to be back in the UK between 18th and 25th Sad so I cant do the one in SEEFELD)

Any help would be much appreciated!! Smile) Thanks xx
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I guess you've seen the list of all the Anwärter courses in Tyrol. None of them seem to fit your criteria. There will be courses in other states/counties but I suspect most will be at the start of the season, probably in December. The SnowSport Austria site gives links to all the areas (under Landesverbände).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cico92, welcome to Snowheads.

Would they mind if you did your BASI L2 (BASI's first level of mountain qualification) instead? There are a couple of courses listed on the website in Jan, although not in Austria, and currently full (you can ask to be put on the waiting list).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My feeling is that in Austria an Austrian qualification is necessary (though I'm not 100% sure of that). One technical argument that SnowSport Austria might base that requirement on is that the training in Austria is "polysportive", i.e. ski instructor training also includes units on snowboarding, etc. I'm not sure whether BASI courses cover the same ground. Do they, beanie1?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cico92, you need either Basi L2 (to enable you to teach on their nurseries) or the Anwaerter.

From my understanding the school you are teaching for (potentially) have to 'sponsor' you for the Anwaerter (although you pay!). So maybe go back to the school and ask which they recommend.

I don't think you will find one in main season. They are normally pre/post. Good Luck!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
espri, each area of Austria has their own rules, but generally you can be employed by a ski school with your L2.

BASI qualifications do include a second discipline, but not until L3.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

but generally you can be employed by a ski school with your L2.

Aye, but if we're being honest the anwarter makes it a lot easier to get a job.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

espri, each area of Austria has their own rules

They don't have their own rules but do have their own governing body of ski instructors per county. So if you are 'sponsored' by a school in Salzburgerland it is governed by the Salzburg authority and they run the course although you may do the cert in Tyrol.

But it is a nationally recognised cert and is not county specific.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
flangesax, sorry, I meant they have their own rules about the recognition of overseas qualifications, what you need to do to work independently in the region etc. Austria has one national qualification as you say.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thank you for your replies, although I am fairly sure that the Austrian qualification is needed to instruct in Austria, I will enquire about the level 2 (BASI)

espri, thank you for the link with available anwarters in the tirol region. Is there another region where I can do the anwarter?
Or is Tirol the only skiing region?

Thanks
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cico92 wrote:
Is there another region where I can do the anwarter?
Or is Tirol the only skiing region?

There are several regions in Austria where you can ski. For the ski instructor organisations the local area sites are all listed here (but with the data mostly in German - Salzburger Land does have the info in English). After Tyrol, Salzburger Land is probably the most practical (with large areas like Ski Amadé) but, if the dates suited better, places a little further away, like Kärnten, might also be possible. As was mentioned above, qualifications in any state are valid throughout Austria.

The other way to go might be to do BASI level 2, which seems to be acceptable as well (see the messages from beanie1 and flangesax).
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
cico92, don't forget that you will need a good level in German to do the course. There are written tests only in German (although one is in English). All teaching/learning is expected to be done in German
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy