Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

UK Tyre hotel service (and recommend me some tyres please!)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Butterfly,

Befriedigend = Satisfactory
http://www.testberichte.de/a/reifen/magazin/auto-bild-39-2010/234441.html

Savas are better but Sava is the Brand name not the tyre model name.
http://www.testberichte.de/a/reifen/magazin/autotest-11-2010/240301.html

http://www.sava-tires.com/sava/emea/index.jsp

I'd stay away from sonny
http://www.firststop-schwerin.de/presse/chinareifen.pdf

(bad in the wet i.e. handling, braking and aquaplanning is poor)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
DB, Having had the chance to have a decent look at my tyres in daylight this morning, I found one front is just beyond legal and both rear are just within legal limits. I knew they were on the way, but hadn't realised till today that the one was so bad. So I decided, having an unexpected day off that I really ought to get them done and not tempt fate.., it'd be just my luck to get done while waiting for a garage to order in something specific. I suppose I shouldn't have been that surprised that garages in a deprived area push mainly the bottom end stuff and have to order in anything else.

I decided on summer rather than winter tyres so not the specific ones your link refers to. I know the Toyo isn't the top rated, but it's better than the others I have been offered within a reasonable drive that could be fitted today or tomorrow and its price seemed fair. As I said earlier I do intend to trade in before too long, probably mid-Spring, so spending the earth wouldn't be sensible.

Thanks to all for the interesting discussion and helpful comments/links. Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Butterfly wrote:
What a contrast to the Scunthorpe places' attitudes which ranged from barely helpful to completely offhand. One wanted £55 each for a "Sunny" which he couldn't tell me anything about beyond "it's what we sell for your car madam; I could get Avons next week but they're expensive" - hardly confidence inspiring.

That's rather like what Kwik Fit told me - I phoned up asking specifically for a quote on Nokians and he kept insisting that they were a budget brand. I persisted and I asked he check his suppliers and call back. Later on he confirmed they couldn't get them, but Sunny's would do the same thing because I want a budget brand! He clearly hadn't even looked them up. There's a stark contrast between guys in the motor industry who know their stuff and those who just want to make a buck and you need to keep a hold of those who care.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
DB wrote:
If anyone needs winter tyres this season I'd try to get them now. In the Austrian TV news night it was said that the new Winter tyre rules in Germany had made many Germans go for Winter tyres this season and there is now a shortage.

Here in France there is a 30 day delay between order and delivery
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy