Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heated insoles at Maplins £14.99

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I don't have a branch anywhere near, so check them out for yourselves.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Here:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=218156
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hope the three plug extension lead as in the photo comes with a long cord... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, it's says there's a "discrete pouch" for batteries. who knows, it might be discreet too? Will someone please buy some and test them out?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if anyone is interested the heated waistcoat actually works - i bought one for a friend ( thinking joke present) a couple of years back
and it actually kept / keeps them warm so i imagine the other stuff works too
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quick question to one of the bootfitters on here. If these insoles heat up to 40C in a few minutes what impact if any would that have on the flex of the boot?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ledge wrote:
Quick question to one of the bootfitters on here.

ledge, which one ? You might need to use paypal. wink Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have some of their gloves and they don't warm up enough for my fingers which have a tendency to go white/numb. Also the battery pouches are not great.. they are a bit loose if you put the pack in one way round and the velcro doesn't stay done up, but they other way round it's hard to get them in the pouch. You have to get them out to switch the heater on/off and you need to do that to conserve battery as the life is only 2-3 hours tops. Tbh my non-heated goosedown gloves are better.

I have to go to Homebase next door to Maplins tonight, so I might have a nose and see what the footbeds look like.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had a quick look at these while I was in town today. Can't really see them being a lot of good for skiing. The insoles are really cheap and nasty and powered by 2 AA's which sit in a small case which would have to be attached to your boots somehow.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I didn't get the chance to go and look - they sound like the gloves. More a gimmick than a seriously functional item.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B wrote:
I had a quick look at these while I was in town today. Can't really see them being a lot of good for skiing. The insoles are really cheap and nasty and powered by 2 AA's which sit in a small case which would have to be attached to your boots somehow.

I bought a set while I was in town yesterday (not to wear in skiboots I hasten to add - I've got proper footbeds for those Madeye-Smiley ). I thought they might be useful to have in normal footwear when walking about ski resorts etc, and if they turn out to be crap as heaters at least they are another set of insoles. Toofy Grin
Each insole has a battery pack that takes 3 AA batteries (no batteries supplied - I'm using some NiMH rechargeables), and the pack fits with a velcro strap to your ankle. I measured the current draw as 0.25A, which equates to a heating power of 4.5V x 0.25 ie approx 1 watt. I am just trying them at the moment as I type Madeye-Smiley , and I must describe the warmth as barely noticeable (although it might be better if I ensure the batteries are fully charged before use).

Hope this helps.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy