Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solo skier 27/11-4/12 - going for Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi - thinking of going solo as above. Considering various alternatives, including Kaprun & Tignes but open to suggestion

Was planning to go on trip to Kaprun next week but family events may have overtaken Sad

Does anyone know of any organised trips from 27/11 ish? Or is anyone looking for a on or off-piste ski-buddy, or got room for a little one wink

Bit wary of going completely alone and then spending the whole week solo - any top tips/good meeting places etc.

PS I'm a youngish 45, experienced skier

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 18-11-10 18:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi, I don't know of any trips going from the 27th, but if you find a buddy to ski with I would be happy to pass all the info you need to organise your own trip to Kaprun as I have all the local hotel and ski guides contacts and I can even give you info how to get from the airport to the resort by train from Munich. We will be at Kaprun until the evening of the 28th only, but you are welcome to join us on the 28th for a days skiing if it works out for you.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi again wink
Have now decided on Tignes - any other solo's looking to spread costs?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am working for Inspired to Ski in Tignes for part of that week. It might be worth while getting in touch with them , 1/2 day small group lessons and other people to ski with when not with the group.
Not touting for business just trying to help out.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rich1, I'm there that week, staying in the Aiguille Percee on a Snoworks GS race training course (I'll be the 51-yo guy trying to keep up with the rest of the young Eurotest hopefuls). We'll probably be training mostly in the mornings (or till early afternoons) and I was thinking of just doing a bit of free-skiing practice afterwards - but willing to hook up for a ski. Emma will be intending to inflict some fitness training on us as well - so an excuse to get out of that may be useful! I'm also free Sat (travelling overnight by train, getting there about 9am Sat) and Sun. There are some All-Terrain courses running as well, so there will probably be several bods knocking about there as well when not in class.

I've got everything all booked up already so can't really do anything about spreading costs. If you fancy hooking up, though, do drop me a line. I'll be on full-on GS skis, so (highly unusually for me) I'll probably be fairly circumspect regarding any off-piste.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rich1, I should be out in Tignes then too, at the moment I'm on a flexible schedule but should arrive on the 26th.

I'm always up for a bit of a slide and a few beers. I'll pm, you my details.

Alan
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Alan R, GrahamN, Thanks - plans falling into place so hopefully see you there Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy