Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oxygene La Plagne Steep and Deep

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to La Plagne with a group of early intermediate friends next Jan and saw that Oxygene do a half day off piste course running monday through friday for 250 euro. Would ideally like to hire a guide for a crack at Bellecote north face and some other stuff in the area over a few days (conditions permitting) but would work out a bit pricey alone so thought that this might be a more cost effective, if slightly tamer alternative and still allow me some time to wrangle my mates around the blues in the afternoons.

Just wondered if any snowHead have been on this program or had any experience with the school and if so what did you think?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SkiTigger, -I did it about 5 years ago it was great fun -certainly not North Face standard but may have changed -if the group is up to it you might get a crack at it-would make a good last day trip with a meal at the restaurant before getting on the bus back to the Vanoise
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
redrunmarcus, Sounds about what I thought to be honest. Did they bother with much in the way of instruction or was it just a guided group when you did it?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SkiTigger, No it was more instruction than guiding- but don't forget you can only do what the least able member of the group can do-BUT I would thoroughly recommend Oxygene they are a really well run outfit in my opinion
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
redrunmarcus, Heard lots of good things so hopefully should be fun. Quite like the idea of some specific off piste instruction TBH, always been a good laugh as a group in the past.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oxgene?
Part 4 please.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hadn't done that course but I'd second the recommendation if Oxygene. My kids had a good time with them last year and I had a private lesson (mainly off-piste) with one of their senior guys (my first in years) and it was really good - far an away the best lesson I've had.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SkiTigger, look up Euen Gardiner who works for Oxygene good teacher..
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I skied with Oxygene last April in a Steep and Deep group for a week, with their guide Christophe Monet. There were only three customers in the group, all of a similar standard. It was top class guiding. We actually skied the Moyenne Face Nord le Bellecotte, and put fresh tracks down most of the way. This sticks in my mind as one of my favorite runs ever!

It was not 'tame' at all, we skied some superb terrain, of course this is determined by the group's standard. La Plagne's off-piste is really excellent, and you need a guide/very experienced local to access it (as you do almost anywhere.) La Plagne has nowhere near the same number of Freeriders/off-piste skiers as St Anton, Chamonix, or Espace Killy etc, so the snow stays untracked infinitely longer.

Oxygene's guiding was excellent, the skiing was really topnotch. What we skied included the following off-piste routes in the La Plagne area(apologies for any spelling errors I am reading this from French handwriting.)

Combe de la Sala
Tour du St Jacques
Les Rossets
Pointe du Friolin
Les Cables
Le Derochou
Les Couloirs Grande Rochette
Face Sud Grande Rochette
Combe des Arrerets
Les Beurtes
Moyenne face nord le Bellecote

I hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
JayDub, Cheers for the info. I've already pulled the trigger and booked this so fingers crossed it will be a good week. If we get to do half the stuff from your list I'll be more than happy. I'll stick up a TR when I get back.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SkiTigger, I am sure you will have a great time, and that you will not be disappointed. Glad the info was of some use to you.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy