Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Postscrpit to my 50 foot plus Cliff Drop Serre Chevalier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As some of you know towards the end of the season I had a little tumble going off a cliff off piste in Serre Chevlaier - I was very very lucky to just come away with some severe bruising and a few ripped ligaments etc

See thread here.

At the time I lost one of my Scott Missions but I was none too bothered just happy to eventually make it off the Mountain in one piece.

There was always an outside chance that I might get the ski back. Where I fell was in a quite a remote place, and my mate, a Guide in La Grave descibed it as "no man's land" so no one was ever going to come across it unless they were on a Mission to find it.

A few of the original photos I posted never actually showed how steep the terrain was where I landed but was with some friends at the weekend who were with me, and they had this one of my mate skinning up to me, plus at the time whilst Bing skiing up his girlfriend took a
rather amusing video

So in the summer my mate was going out for his usual week or summer climbing with Per the Guide. In advance of this I did send both of them a few pics detailing as to where it was I thought I'd lost the ski - basically the end of the red - dashes Roche Peyron

Luckily for me the weather was crap for climbing, wet n'cold so they decided to go on a mission to try and find the ski. It's a fair hike from Monetier and once they were in the rough area Jes said Per took one look at the terrain and a few of the cliffs remembering as only a Guide can the photos and maps I'd sent plus where would a stupid Brit go and with that he hiked over to the exact spot and found the ski!

The ski was in good condition and having given it a good service you can't tell which one was the lost ski.

Over the years Per has heard of many unfortunate accidents and the like, plus a fair few tall stories as to what people percieved they went over, in this instance he said this was one rare example where the height initially thought was less than the actual!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thats a fine tale! Could be wrong but it looks like you were only a metre or so to the right of your ski(assuming you're the one in red in the first pic, and your friend photographed the ski where it was found).

May I suggest quietly overdubbing your story with "Reunited" by Peaches and Herb
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Weathercam, Superb story. Richard_Sideways, Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That mound only looks a couple of feet high to me, don't know what the fuss is about!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I like a story with a happy ending.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam, snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Early Xmas prezzie then Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lol PeteMan!

Actually, the mound looks a big sharp. Glad there was ++snow cover for you to land on.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cool tale to tell the kids!

that cliff is more than big enough for this story to have a different ending - wow!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy