Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard Season 2011-2012!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

need some advice on a season in canada 2011-2012, one of the bigger resorts,
i would like to work in a chalet or on the slopes, but dont really know where to begin the search to look for chalet owners in need of seasonal help, or the big companies that hire!

On the snowboarding front would like somewhere with challenging off piste and large park and area!

Any Help would be much appreciated

Martin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there, I've never done a season myself, but know a few friends that have; mostly in Europe.

They always go for http://www.natives.co.uk/ first of all.

Hope that helps,

Grim.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
martinblake89, if you want to go to Canada you need to get your visa sorted before hand. Have a look on sites like bunac if you're a student. If you're not, have a look at Young Person temporary work visas on the Canadian embassy website and see if you meet the conditions.

I did a couple of seasons in Canada years ago (too many years to mention!) and worked for Lake Louise mountain, now part of Resorts of the Canadian Rockies. http://www.skircr.com/ They won't hire you without the visa and you'll have to be interviewed when you get there but it'll be worth it if you get the job. I had to snowboard to work and back everyday, just waitressing in one of the mountain restaurants. So ideally I would get my visa, keep an eye on the lift companies websites, apply as soon as next years jobs are advertised, then get on a plane and hope for the best! Look for jobs as either lifties or 'generals' which is just general cafeteria dogs body, if you don't have any experience.

If you've got a visa and don't really care what you do, there's loads of hotels etc who'll also be looking for people in the autumn - but better to be there and asking face to face, available to start the next day.

Try Lake Louise, Banff, Fernie, Whistler/Blackcomb, there's plenty other too.

Hope that helps

Fiona
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy