Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calgary/Banff area accommodation suggestions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions for where to stay in Banff resorts, Kicking Horse and Fernie?

We flying to Calgary in Feb/March for a two week road trip.
Is it best to stay in Banff (cheaper?) or Lake Louise (closer to the slopes)?

What good places have you stayed? Any accommodation recommendations would be much appreciated!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rs_ski+board, Depends what you like really, as to your roadtrip we did a similar thing in 2009 Cool

At Kicking horse we stayed Kicking Horse River Lodge

and at Fernie decided to stay out of town in a log cabin here

Banff is probably the place to stay as theres not much at Lake Louise - you will need a park pass if you stay in the Park. We just passed through on the way to Golden having been there the year previous.

I take it you are heading to Revvy if so The Court House is nice, but not the cheapest, have fun travelling - we loved it Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rs_ski+board, Cedar Court in Banff was reasonable.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What sort of places do you like? What sort of budget do you have? What is important to you?

RCR offer good deals on hotels through their website.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I wouldn't recommend staying at Lake Louise more than a couple of days - it is just a hotel and it still isn't right by the slopes.

In some ways I wouldn't recommend booking too much in advance - you can get acc. fairly easily in winter outside of the weekends and some flexibility will allow you to chase the powder..

As gryphea asks - some more detail would be useful especially around budget.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed at the Copper horse in Kicking Horse, however we stayed in summer we went to look at Boo the bear. The rooms were great and there was hot tub outside they did a great breakfast. We were on a road trip Calgary to Vancouver. Stayed in Canmore booked a condo there.
The only resort we have had any trouble finding anywere to stay in winter was Revelstoke last Febuary.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy