Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

NASSFIELD, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anybody tell me their thoughts of NASSFIELD, Austria

Skiing
Apres Ski
Resort Facilities
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1969jma, try looking for NASSFELD on Bergfax www.bergfex.com/

Information in English as well as German
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Don't think it is popular here in UK but I've heard lots of good reviews.
You can look at below trip reports links from German forum (google translate it)

I definitely want to go there one day. Just hope they will replace the last linking T bar as I snowboard and hate them Smile

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=33839&hilit=nassfeld
http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=24541&hilit=nassfeld
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have spent many days skiing there but not actually stayed there. The mountain is good fun, quite varied, and good terrain. They have extended the area since I was there so it's now of reasonable extent. Also a very friendly mountain, this was the place the lifty on a very cold snowy day came out of his hut and offered me some Schnapps to warm up!

I'm a bit unclear on the resort to be honest. When I was there (98/99) it was barely there, as it was mainly a resort that locals did day trips to (this was when I lived in Klagenfurt), but since then they have developed the village of Troepolach I think (where the millenium express gondola goes to/from), and I understand that it's quite different now.

I wouldn't be expecting St Anton/Ischgl/Saalbach style apres but there will be a few bars and restaurants etc. There's a hotel/hostel called the Cube which is quite new, modern, and apparently very sociable re apres and lots of young things etc.

Not a lot of Brits there at all. I don't mean to sound negative, to me this would be a plus, and I would recommend Nassfeld to lots of people, but I'm not sure about the apres and size/scale of resort and facilities etc.

Sorry I can't be more help!

D
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You stay in Hermagor and drive/bus up to the ski area. Quiet ski area, all a bit samey but plenty of terrain. Can't vouch for the apres now but it was exceptionally quiet when I stayed a night around 12 years ago. Since then I think they put in a bit of effort for the Olympic bid that three country region put in (and failed).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I stayed in Naßfeld about 3 years ago, although I did enjoy it I have been to better resorts. The skiing is good and the slopes were relatively quiet compared to some of the larger resorts (however the lack of people on the slopes was mirrored by the lack of people in the town.) I went late in the season, but ghost town would come to mind when describing the village.

I stayed in the Cube hotel which is just over the road from the main gondola, it was a very much purpose built hotel. But a nice concept all the same with a night club downstairs to cater for ones apres needs. Aside from the facilities in the cube I didn't really see much else in terms of Apres that Nassfeld had to offer.

Resort Facilities? Adequate Puzzled wink
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
iirc Hermagor is a couple of miles away form Tropolach, which is where the Millenium Express is (the main gondola lift into the ski area) - you could stay there but there are plenty of hotels in Tropolach itself. Alternatively you could stay in Sonnenalpe which is pretty much in the middle of the ski area and more convenient.

We stayed in Trololach at Easter 2010. The ski are was very quiet, the longest we queued for a lift all week was about 5 mins and that was for the gondola from the base station at about 9am. Up the mountain the lifts are modern and efficient. The pistes are well maintained and there are some great cruisy blues and (easy'ish reds). There isn't anything overly challenging, due to lack of fresh snow did not sample any off piste. The ski are is of a good size, plenty big enough for a week. The run back to Tropolach closed towards the end of the week (mid April) but it remained skiable (just) - very slushy at the bottom. Much off the skiing higher up, above 1800m was very good and the snow in great condition. Lots of mountian restaurants and food/drink at reasonable prices.

Back in Tropolach it was, as Leeds Skiers says, a bit of a ghost town, this could in part be due to the fact it was the last week of the season. Places (such as restaurants/pizzerias) had closed down so I don't believe it was a true reflection. There are a couple of bars at the bootom of the home run/millenium express, whihc got a little lively at the end of the day.

We didn't venture out in the evening further than the Hotel Sammerhof, a pleasant hotel where we ate most evenings, good selection and prices and fantastic quality food, also had a pizzeria. We stayed in this apartment just next door to the Sammerhof, can definitely recommend it.

Overall I would say Nassfeld is somewhere I am glad to have visited, an ideal base for a family ski trip. If you are looking for big apres ski then forget it.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with whats been said so far,the transfer from Innsburck is quite long,if you do a search on here you should find some more info,look out out for a guy called Atilla as he has skied there quite a bit and was a mind of information for me before i skied there.
The Cube is certainly different although a little basic.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you're looking at DIY, the obvious airport is Klagenfurt, which is only about an hour away, but you have to deal with Ryanair. Alternatively look at Salzburg, Venice, Trieste or Ljubljana - all within 2.5 hours
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy