Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pre christmas ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi snowHead 's,

My girlfriend and I are flying out to Geneva on 18th Dec, returning 23rd and are looking for advice on where to go. Ideally somewhere fairly close to Geneva (<1.5 hours) but not Chamonix, as we went there last year. We have already had a look but are finding it a little trickier than expected to get reasonably priced accommodation for two and for a part week in anywhere other than Chamonix.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
TommyDazzler, that week will certainly be difficult as it's a "peak" week and in some resorts you might need to rent an apartment for the week and just leave early.

Another option is to stay somewhere like Sallanches ; an easy drive to a variety of resorts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, thanks for the advice. We had been trying to find a hotel but suspected that if we were to rent an apartment it would be for the full week.

Ideally we didnt want to hire a car, would prefer just to get a transfer to the resort.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TommyDazzler, if catered might suit, we can do 5 nights from 18th - drop me a PM if so
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
TommyDazzler, I know you said NOT Chamonix, but if you get desperate try this place http://www.hotelarve-chamonix.com/en/
I've stayed there for 3 nights over the Christmas/New year period and also During Feb half term school holidays for 3 nights. Its a 2 star hotel, but much better than a 4 star hotel I stayed at in italy. It is also close enough to walk to the button lift that will take you up to the Gondola in Chamonix. It also has its own free car park spaces if you are driving.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
one of the easiest resorts to get to without a car is Morzine, as there are 4 or 5 transfer companies from Geneva costing from20 to 25 euros per person each way, we're going on those dates, you'll have to google accommodation in Morzine and send out a load of emails, with determination something should come up........
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
TommyDazzler, you could try somewhere like the auberge de l'Orangerie in Sallanches. If you have a car you then have loads of options and although you'll miss out on resort like apres ski, you'll enjoy fantastic food...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So far, sprinkles suggestion of Morzine seems to have the widest range of accommodation available, we went to Les Gets a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it so would really enjoy going back to Portes du Soleil. Now we just need to book somewhere to stay...

Thanks everyone for your help.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TommyDazzler, Morzine is quite low. snow might be good by then, but it's not the most snow-sure resort for such an early trip. Not far to Avoriaz though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy