Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Online board shops - bargain hunt

Poster: A snowHead
After a year or so away from things, the bug has bitten again and after a rough year for both myself and the missus, we've decided Val D'Isere beckons this winter.

Thing is, I need a new board. I used to have a load of bookmarks for board stores on my mac but forgot to copy them over when I got my MBP so I have a bare minimum of places to browse. Not even sure of what's out there although with a house move and the little one eating us out of house and home, budget is deffo the keyword, which points me to places selling last season's stock.

Can remember the likes of e-depot, bargain boards, Filarinskis but I'm sure there were a raft of online dealers to help me spend my limited funds.

And before anyone linches me for A) not supporting my local dealers (I may well if they have stock in) and B) buying blind through the web, I'm totally constrained by budget, probably £250 maximum.

Anyway, thanks in advance Smile

Pat

*(And I know I should have a done a thorough search on SHs - sorry, really busy Smile)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
try snowboard-clearance.com, they're the old season stuff from The Snowboard Asylem.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rogg wrote:
try snowboard-clearance.com, they're the old season stuff from The Snowboard Asylem.

that's the one! i was trying to remember which website that was.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you check the for `sale forum` on here, some of last years models from option,nitro, flow, capita etc for 115 through 175 squid pick up in Stevenage, or post is extra.
They are from a shut down store.
They are on Snowheads only till sunday then can be sold anywhere at sellers wish,that was the deal with admin anyway.
I grabbed one but having second thoughts now on another extra brd purchase and may move it on,the boards fine though.
Not sure if no one noticed or no ones looking but thought it would have had more hits.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
edge2 edge always seem to clear out last year's Atomics. K2s and Burtons cheap.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Your budget should be fine for last seasons gear, although might struggle for a decent board and bindings at that level.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Croskemj, got everything already, just fancy retiring my old Stepchild and Elan boards for something a bit more modern and fresher.

snowboard-clearance.com looks a good prospect
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Edge 2 Edge had some good stuff last year. It went in days. Worth a call to see what they have and when they will sell it off.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Any of you clever people know where I might be able to get some Flow bindings fer cheap?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
How cheap is cheap? In the case of M11,s I have in medium vgc little use.
Probably best to Pm outside this thread unless I have read it wrong and your looking for cheap new flows in holland.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 1-10-10 12:29; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alexandra wrote:
Any of you clever people know where I might be able to get some Flow bindings

in a bin?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Best post after a prolonged absence, ever.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, welcome back!

so what happened to tafkastab?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cant remember my log in for it.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tirol 164, Yes I'm looking for delivery to NL. I do a huge amount of my shopping at UK/DE online shops though as the NL prices are horrendous... or maybe I'm just a tight git.

So if you *do* know of any online shops with last year's stock that would be great. They're for him indoors and he doesn't give a monkey's if they're a couple of years out of date.
snow conditions
Alexandra, have you tried blue tomato? they're an austrian outfit, but ship all over europe. just looking at their flows though, the cheapest pair they have are test m9's which are still horrendously expensive at €175!!! Shocked
ski holidays
Alexandra, snowboard clearance (see above) have six different sets of flows all under £100.
ski holidays
Maybe for future ref now, I got my entire set up at one of the snowboard shows, it's been awesome. The shop was actually based somewhere in Scotland but I lost the bloody leaflet and have never been able to find them again. But anyway what I'm saying is try the shows, cos that way you get to try the stuff for size etc wink
ski holidays
Tirol 164, hi have you got any ofyour boards still available? please reply asap kind regards
snow conditions
I just got a Prior split this week,which was now or never so now, need to move on a complete 2011 Atomic 164cm splitboard `new` with skins, bindings,crampons, the lot boxed and stickered .
I,m gone very soon unless delayed, far as time goes and looking for lift pass/hotel coin as you can imagine.

This 2011 split model is stiffer flex and top sheet protection which will be much better over white/black 09 model.
Skins are kohla tirol with tip and tail connectors, its all online, not the Renu eco model.
These setups won,t be the trend or hype of Jones but the price is much less than a Jones setup with everything ready to roll.
Unlike a Jones if you can find one with fittings, skins, interface and bindings.
So the ticket on a Atomic split is total entry cost into splitboarding and this is cheaper than new.
I don,t know if they are even been sold here this season?Some stuff was late.

As for regular boards I have odds and sods best to ring, as its quicker than the to and fro of bloody emails.
I have all sorts
I was thinking about moving a capita charlie slasher164fk on but in two minds,which were... if the price was right or just ride it to see what its like.

I have some others brds,one old stock new, a ladies brd too,some new boots,goggles but perhaps Pm me and I can get a number to you.
I would prefer to just sift through any kit that way,over the ph its better.
ski holidays
I could be keen on your split. What you looking for?
latest report
Tirol 164, i have replied to you through a pm thanks
snow report
Hang11 it may be too narrow for your lumps of meat at 250mm waist?
The 164cm Atomic is not a big board like your 164cm Arbor at all,no way.

I came across a Prior and fuses, although a short lenght.. I could just not let it pass... as I have the same 2010 solid board so know how it rides.Skinning will be ok for myself and my use.
It was suggested by the Prior seller I bought from, that I go for 20% off retail on the Atomic,so see if anyone is interested first in london in the next week or later in jan/feb.
If the rare Prior opportunity had not come along last week I would have being using the Atomic in two weeks.

The 171cm atomic is wider... maybe Swirly is moving his on .

Could I suggest another option in NZ or anywhere..is Voile,s 166cm (direct from voile), as free international shipping to NZ and complete with new voile light rail bindings which sit low as do, Atomics , sparks and new expensive Karakoram.
$1100US plus any customs etc your end.
I know guys who shipped into Auckland from Sierra store stateside when they had free shipping but was burton stuff.
These new Voiles will ride better than before which was the issue, so well worth considering with light rail bindings and Voile is in the race with the others now and all are surging ahead.
Bang for your buck though the Atomic package is the best ticket, especially at my entry level and beyond as Swirly has shown in europe.
ski holidays
Ah yeah 250mm is too skinny for me.

I'll have a look at those Voile boards. Should be in Italy for a week in January, so may see if I can pick something up there. NZ prices are killer on that sort of stuff, but the exchange rate is good at the moment.

I'm living in poor man's heli paradise now. Been off exploring some of the high country on bike/4wd now the snow has all gone, and within an hour of home there's some epic looking spots.
latest report
Hang11 do you know where abouts in Italy?

You will be in low season.. a good time in Jan.. If it dumps... it will be all yours for days probably.
Good time for a trip with Nz dollar too...you will be riding but if you are anywhere near Livigno its tax free. Only really works out better on three items say.. brd boots bindings and bit of haggling.
We shopped alot in livigno.
At some of the europe backcountry Internet stores they do priors,ventures,voiles too but pricey vs the states as usual, britain was being internet shopped by the euros last season as it was better here.
Later /mid feb are the sales in the general Italian sports stores but low season Jan the indo shops would be happy to see your wallet and cut a deal.
So far snow base is building well this last week and cold spell holding it,not long for myself now.
latest report
Courmayeur I think.

Bloody excited. Hooking up with some pommie mates for a week.

Only challenge now is to tell Mrs Hang11 that the 5 thousand bucks we saved up to get a log burner put in our new house is getting spent on a week away with the boys Very Happy

She might end up cutting off my nuts, but that's fine, I'll just take up skiing and golf.

Flights aren't too bad, I can get to Sydney, then Singapore, have a gentleman's nap for 6 hours at the hotel there, then fly straight into Milan, and get there about the same time as their flight from the UK. Takes about 30 hours in total.
snow report
You only live once.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy