Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

is apres ski beer a good muscle relaxant?

Poster: A snowHead
I have been told many times that an apres-ski beer is a good muscle relaxant rolling eyes and will help with re hydration and stopping possible cramps wink

Is there a minimum amount of beer "on medicinal grounds" of course that should be considered for the apres ski beer or two?

Smile Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
2 beers would be a critical minimum amount. Quantities should only be restricted to this level when floodlit night skiing is going to be attempted. If downhill only skiing in the dark is on the cards then this level MUST be increased to 8 pints minimum Twisted Evil Of course there are many occasions when no night skiing whatsoever is to follow. In these instances the 8 pint rule still applies, but at least half the pints need to be consumed with an activating ingredient, such as Jagermeister or Genepy (depending on geopgraphical location) snowHead

Following these rules should ensure you feel nothing at all - let alone cramps! Your number of visits to the loo will provide ample evidence that re-hydration has been effected too snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
beeryletcher,
Quote:

MUST be increased to 8 pints minimum

I suppose that there is a level when "Skiing Goggles" kicks in? Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
livetoski wrote:

Is there a minimum amount of beer "on medicinal grounds" of course that should be considered for the apres ski beer or two?

Smile Smile

I think 4 large beers sounds about right for a minimum, subject to hot tub or bar enviroment.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Beer has other health benefits... http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=129433451239
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Beer is made from hops, so also counts towards your 5 a day, or indeed may be all 5.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jbob wrote:
Beer is made from hops, so also counts towards your 5 a day, or indeed may be all 5.

Just as well as no 5 a day in my Fondue, upgrade my minimum from 4 to 5.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lightningdan,
Quote:

Just as well as no 5 a day in my Fondue

Wine is made from grapes must count as well if Hops do wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
livetoski wrote:
lightningdan,
Quote:

I will be fine on the 5 a day then, the Vin Chauds ( 2 of my 5) and hopefully one slice of orange! plus the beers gives me a very healthy balance, along with the fondue, Raclette and Pizza.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

but at least half the pints need to be consumed with an activating ingredient, such as Jagermeister or Genepy (depending on geopgraphical location)

But surely Jager Bombs are compulsory wink

On a serious note is there actually any sceince behind the beer story?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Of course it is - minimum of 2l to be consumed whilst dancing on tables/benches to cheesy Germanic music
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
forgot to add
http://youtube.com/v/mYjO1Vvoa5E this chap's muscles look well relaxed, admitedly that was done through Jagertee's
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
not apres but a warning.

http://youtube.com/v/-iALd09IE94
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boabski wrote:
forgot to add
http://youtube.com/v/mYjO1Vvoa5E this chap's muscles look well relaxed, admitedly that was done through Jagertee's

Scary, but very relaxed.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
boabski, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

you just made my friday afternoon Classic Clip
snow conditions
livetoski wrote:
boabski, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

you just made my friday afternoon Classic Clip

Ditto - tears streaming down face Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
boabski wrote:
forgot to add

His main problem was leaving the Mooserwirt so early. He should have had a few more jagertees and left when it was dark. That's what I do Smile
ski holidays
Quote:

His main problem was leaving the Mooserwirt so early. He should have had a few more jagertees and left when it was dark. That's what I do

agreed, Far too sober in my opinions and far too much daylight
snow conditions
Not only does sufficient alcohol relax the muscles, but it enables you to ski closer to the next bar.

http://youtube.com/v/JDw-KgIlviU

This particular 'piste' (along with skiing on the adjacent escalator) has become so popular that the authorities have now put in obstacles to try and prevent such escapades!
ski holidays
lightningdan wrote:
livetoski wrote:
lightningdan,
Quote:

I will be fine on the 5 a day then, the Vin Chauds ( 2 of my 5) and hopefully one slice of orange! plus the beers gives me a very healthy balance, along with the fondue, Raclette and Pizza.

I would go easy on the orange if I were you, it can cause indigestion. If you are keen on orange you might try Terrys Chocolate Orange, full of vitamin C, and other good stuff, like milk, and another two of your 5 a day, in the form of suger, and coco powder, both made from vegetables. I think there is also vegetable oil, which can only be a good thing.

Wine is fine but you need to be a bit careful on the spirits, while Gin, and Vodka are OK as they are made from fruit and veg, whiskey is not, but you should be ok as long as you mix it with the other stuff.
latest report
Mr Marmot wrote:
Not only does sufficient alcohol relax the muscles, but it enables you to ski closer to the next bar.

http://youtube.com/v/JDw-KgIlviU

This particular 'piste' (along with skiing on the adjacent escalator) has become so popular that the authorities have now put in obstacles to try and prevent such escapades!

Shave a dogs head Shocked
snow report
livetoski, Beer certainly relaxes erectile tissue - don't know about muscles though.
latest report
jbob wrote:
lightningdan wrote:
livetoski wrote:
lightningdan,
Quote:

I would go easy on the orange if I were you, it can cause indigestion. If you are keen on orange you might try Terrys Chocolate Orange, full of vitamin C, and other good stuff, like milk, and another two of your 5 a day, in the form of suger, and coco powder, both made from vegetables. I think there is also vegetable oil, which can only be a good thing.

Wine is fine but you need to be a bit careful on the spirits, while Gin, and Vodka are OK as they are made from fruit and veg, whiskey is not, but you should be ok as long as you mix it with the other stuff.

I read this in the car and nearly crashed.

This is the work of an expert.

Could you work out the perfect skiing diet? like the Terry's Orange idea, easier to get those vital vitamins, in that easy to peel and eat idea.

Whiskey easy to avoid , stick to Vodka.

Thank you for the advice.
snow report
If Beer is being classed as part of your 5 a day then surely whiskey has to be counted to. They're fundamentally made the same way, I think Puzzled

This is good news of course, because it gives a more varied healthy diet Very Happy
What happens if you go over the reccomended 5 a day Puzzled
snow report
Alan R,
Quote:

What happens if you go over the reccomended 5 a day

see the video posted by boabski, thats overdoing your 5 a day Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy