Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Euros - get em now?

Poster: A snowHead
There's never a right answer, but I just bought mine. News from Reuters is that the rate is the best it has been for 6 weeks. I got 1.15 from ICE.

Owen
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I never try to predict currency movements - nobody knows what will happen. Always get the money just before the holiday, or use my card out there.

The current exchange rate doesn't fill me with joy though, hoping it will head back to 1.5 at some point!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
you bought too soon... euro is going down for next 6 months at least
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shoogly, a return to the good old days of 1.5?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's still going up. Hang in there. It'll top out above 1.20 before it sinks again.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mr Technique,
Purely from a work point I hope youre right - we'll start making that profit stuff again but.....
word has it that we're good for 10 days or 2 weeks then we slide and will lounge about at 1.12-1.15 until March so maybe invest now if you have spare cash. Until interest rate moves we're stuffed (but then the mortgage will rise and we'll all be broke!
Interbank rate was smidge over 1.18 today so probabaly 1.16-1.165 at travelex.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I didn't say hang in there indefinitely. Keep an eye on it, the second it dips get your arse down First Choice and falsely claim you saw tuppence better at a Western Union mobile phone unlocking fraud den down the road, and they'll raise their rate by a penny to price match claiming "it's the best we can do".
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I read an interesting article today, it seems that Eurozone problems aren't going away, Irish bond yields climbing to crisis levels, Portugal has banking problems, this guy is pretty bearish about the Euro over the next few months, earlier bailouts just prolonged the agony, another big crisis approaching, will the Germans bail out Ireland?:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/john-taylor-collapse-europe-has-begun-euro-will-trade-lira-few-months

He could just be a hedge fund manager who's just shorted the Euro, so has a vested interest in seeing it fall. I'm going to wait and see, there are huge pressures building.

Disclaimer: This is not financial advice, the value of your euros can go up as well as down. wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The only thing you can be sure of is that "nobody knows for sure". Sad

I've just had to "gamble" on paying my holiday in sterling whilst getting paid in euros... thought I was on to a winner when the budget was announced but... *sharp intake of breath*

Whilst I agree the PIIGS will cause *major* problems in Europe, they (Germany) can't kick them out "today" anyway.

The only thing I am fairly sure of is inflation all around. Uncertain times et al.

Thankfully I've invested all my cash in shoes, bags, clothes & shiz.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
G20 has agreed to stop "competitive devaluation". Will that stop Government and BoE intervening every time £ strengthens?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Colin B, I doubt it.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alexandra wrote:

Thankfully I've invested all my cash in shoes, bags, clothes & shiz.

Good girl, I can see you've got your head screwed on right..... wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Colin B wrote:
G20 has agreed to stop "competitive devaluation". Will that stop Government and BoE intervening every time £ strengthens?

No, they'll just arrange for one stooge on the Monetary Policy Committee to vote for rate rises to appease the bond holders worried about inflation and one to vote for more money-printing to scare the cash-holders into buying overpriced assets, while the rest sit on their hands, do nothing and hope the sky doesn't fall on their heads, or am I just a cynic?!?!?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
To be fair I think, within the next few months the euro will fall dramaticially as the well to between 1.20 and 1.27. Main reasons are that to be honest the uk economy is recovering pretty well in truth. In relation to europe, i am just thankful i do not live in the south of ireland is all i can say. I know a few people in the south and they are saying they cannot see Ireland recovering at all. An economy built on construction is a diaster waiting to happen added to the fact as soon as the banks in the south increase their intrest rates every man woman and child in the south will be bankrupt because of cost of living and there morgage cost! I know a couple living in Dublin and their living expenses are over 11 hundred euro per week! before they pay their morgage! which is quite ludacris really. After all the pound is not actually that weak it is in fact pertty decent against the dollar. and once their quantive easing the pound will grow against it. That will allow the pound to grow further and with the pending bail out of the Rep. the euro cannot sustain being the default shock absorber much longer as there are just too many country's in dissarray.

Maybe i am just an optimist...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
All that aside, it's a made slightly more irrelvant if you go abroad and use your normal credit card. Some cards charge almost 3% conversion rate

see this article http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-travel-money

The basics are: Get a Halifax Clarity card. Shop around for your FX. I see someone above used ICE who are good. Don't give any fx companies your money in advance as you're not protected and avoid using your mainstream credit cards

However having diverted a little, I agree that the Euro doesn't appear to have much upside at the moment.
ski holidays
FairFX and the Caxton cards are protected...
ski holidays
Timmaah wrote:
FairFX and the Caxton cards are protected...

Absolutely they are. I used Caxton and I get the best rate out there and all the benefits of a debit/credit card. I don't worry about interest because you can't get that anywhere anyway!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy