Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hoodie weather?

Poster: A snowHead
Hey im going on a ski trip to the Aosta Valley in italy with a fellow snowheads member on an organised trip.

Im wondering if that kinda weather is warm enough to wear underarmour+tshirt+hoodie ontop?

Or would you think id need to wear my Ski Jacket?

Ofcouse i can find out when i get there, but im just wondering.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hoodies are from the '90s man. It's all about tall tees...
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sainter, You might be fine skiing like that, but only very late in the season on a sunny day with no wind.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sainter, depends on so many things. I was in Courmayeur in March 2009 and a couple of the days were definitely bluebird 'hoody' days, temperatures around 8º and blazing sunshine. In fact I think the coldest day that week was only around -2º.

In complete contrast I was in La Thuile for the same week this year and the temperature ranged from -4º to a very chilly -18º. I definitely needed my ski jacket with a thermal base layer. That's the thing with skiing, you have to pack for all eventualities.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia wrote:
That's the thing with skiing, you have to pack for all eventualities.

Wot she said ^
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wot they said ^^

We were in La Thuile from April 2nd last season; the first day was absolutely freezing, the winds high and I was a bit cold in my jacket. The rest of the days were perfect bluebird but I still needed my jacket, it would have been freezing in just a hoodie.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice.

I like to wear my hoodie because i always feel hot.

I will just wait and see when i get there Smile

By the way, can i ask, im going in mid december, does it regularly snow during the day? I have only been to scotland before.

Im sure it will just be amazing if it was snowing while we were skiing ! Smile snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sainter wrote:

By the way, can i ask, im going in mid december, does it regularly snow during the day?

1st, in December you'll need a jacket! Skullie

2nd, however nice it can be skiing in light snow 99% of the time it's a nightmare. Prey for clear skies! wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sainter In mid December in the Aosta valley it usually only snows during the day at the weekends and sometimes on Mondays. Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tiger2, on the 3rd, 12th, 15th, 28th, and 30th of each month it's brilliant bluebird conditions (apart from St Barnabus day, obv), although you have to be mindful of daily 2-3pm cloud cover, regular as clockwork it is.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Dr John wrote:
Tiger2, on the 3rd, 12th, 15th, 28th, and 30th of each month it's brilliant bluebird conditions (apart from St Barnabus day, obv), although you have to be mindful of daily 2-3pm cloud cover, regular as clockwork it is.

But that's only true if Easter is early, and it's late this year. Doesn't that put everything forward by one lunar month? Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
manicpb wrote:
nice it can be skiing in fresh snow 99% of the time

fixed that for you
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

it will just be amazing if it was snowing while we were skiing !

Actually that will be quite annoying because the light goes flat and you can't tell which way is up.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, a bit of light snowfall is good though wink.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Lizzard, I had that once at apres in the Alpaka bar in Tignes*

*it may or may not have had something to do with the black sambuca we'd be drinking
ski holidays
manicpb wrote:
2nd, however nice it can be skiing in light snow 99% of the time it's a nightmare. Prey for clear skies! wink

Are you crazy??!! Skiing during snowfall is always ace, the heavier the better. No outside input at all, just pure focus on yourself, skiing by feeling. I also like the way a good storm makes you feel as insignificant as you really are. I think I actually enjoy skiing the blizzard more than the bluebird day after...

Sainter, it can snow fall during the day, far form guaranteed though. It may well be possible to ski in a hoody, but chances are in December it won't. If you get too hot in a normal coat (I do), you should invest in a shell jacket (water and windprrof, but no insulation, so you wear as many thermals underneath as you need).
ski holidays
never really thought of doing that! i always just wore my ski jacket and will probably do the same again this year..but yeah i hate how hot n sweaty it gets sometimes, especially when the cold isn't all that cold as you are expecting!
snow report
And if you're feeling skint, Mountain Warehouse have fairly cheap ones.
snow conditions
clarky999 wrote:
Are you crazy??!! Skiing during snowfall is always ace, the heavier the better. No outside input at all, just pure focus on yourself, skiing by feeling. I also like the way a good storm makes you feel as insignificant as you really are. I think I actually enjoy skiing the blizzard more than the bluebird day after...

Ok, I do enjoy lapping a piste having fresh tracks every run but it has become hairy a few times! I'm sure 99% of people enjoy first lifts after the storm more!
snow report
Quote:

I'm sure 99% of people enjoy first lifts after the storm more!

Yep, have to confess I do. Preferably when snow has fallen snow late into the morning that they've only had time to re-piste the main beginner runs and the rest have a foot or so of hero powder.
ski holidays
manicpb wrote:
clarky999 wrote:

Ok, I do enjoy lapping a piste having fresh tracks every run but it has become hairy a few times! I'm sure 99% of people enjoy first lifts after the storm more!

More than likely lol, I know I'm a snow freak - if it's not in my eyes, ears, nostrils and mouth, there isn't enough of it.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy