Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

has anyone used skiplanet or ski horizon?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used this company? any good or bad reports would be appreciated (I havent booked yet) wink
www.ski-planet.co.uk

EDIT: I have edited the title to say "and ski horizon" as I have come across a very similar deal that I am interested in but frightened to book in case I dont get what I pay for or they rip me off

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 10-11-10 12:17; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
polo99, Stayed with them in Champagny-en-Vanoise. Had lots of problems with the chalet and it's owner. Didn't contact skiplanet after,as still had a great holiday and made the best of it. Maybe we were unluckly
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I know of skiplanet, it is a rental agency based in Bozel, but we have never used them. As far as I know it is owned by a guy who also runs an estate agents in Bozel - RMP immobilier. We bought our studio through his estate agency and found him to be fair and reasonable. He has been involved in a lot of construction in the Bozel and Champagny area and has been around for quite a long time.

They act as rental agents for private owners (at least the properties they have for Champagny) so the standard of accommodation may vary. I only know one of the properties they have on their books for Champagny and that is of a good standard and is described correctly on skiplanet.

You have the option of paying by visa card through the website so you have some protection if things go wrong. Also you don't have the normal hassle of changing your money into euros if you are dealing directly with the private owners.

Maybe some of the snowheads resident in Bozel can tell us more.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 10-11-10 12:56; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have used Ski Horizon a few times. They have always been pretty good, reliable and helpful. They are based in Netherlands I think but also have offices in France. I think they are affiliated with a number of European travel groups, but not sure which. Basically they just act as an agent for both privately owned rentals as well as the big guys (Pierre & Vacances, etc). Ski horizon seem to get good deals, although the private rentals will obviously vary in quality.

The booking system is reliable, and they are usually able to get you a discount on your ski pass (5 - 10%) if you book the accommodation through them, and will deliver them to your apartment reception or for collection at the main lift office. If booking accommodation and ski pass with them, they also offer a free 'snow guarantee' which covers you if there is little/no snow, or if the resort is fully or partially closed due to bad weather.

I have only used them for Pierre & Vacances rentals, as I can assess the standard of these apartments from the PV site before booking, but then achieve good discounts by using Ski Horizon rather than going direct to PV. Might be more of a gamble if it is a private rental. Igluski also tend to peddle a similar range of apartments, with prices competitive with ski horizon, although I have never used them.

My advice would be, if you have seen a particlur apartment that you like, look around for it on other internet sites to reassure yourself that it will meet your expectations, if it looks good, then book with ski horizon.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for your replies. I am going to Les Saisies so it is not your usual tour operator destination. I have also seen the apartment on Erna Low. decisions decisions lol.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Try contacting Pam W on snowheads. She has a place there so could give you more information about the resort and accommodation.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skichampcouk, polo99 has been asking me about the resort - I have recommended the accommodation she's looking for, as it's the only place in the village itself with a swimming pool. So there's not much problem about the accommodation itself, which is fine, just the agency.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've used Ski Horizon a few times and for big groups.

great to deal with and it tends to be at decent prices.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pam has been very helpful and with her help and guidance have chose a nice place to stay. Just trying to find a good deal on the accommodation, but because it is not a well known ski hotspot in UK, the usual operators don't do it or if they do they are expensive. Most of the companies that are able to offer the apartment that we want (le villages des lapons) ate French. I'm still looking though LOL
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I wouldn't worry about using a French agency, most have English speaking employees. If you can book the same accommodation cheaper with a local agency, go for it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
polo99, I can help with the French agencies if necessary. The local ones are 100% reliable.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have decided to email the Agence du Grand Mont again to ask whether they are sure that you cant use the pool.
http://www.grand-mont.com/location/fiche.cfm?num=19&num_date_search=91
this is the last email they sent:

Dear Madam,

We are an renting agency and Residence Village des Lapons is like an hotel it's completly different.
You rent an appartment.
If you need more information please call us : + 33 04 79 38 90 90.

Best regards,

Marie
AGENCE DU GRAND MONT
VENTE - LOCATION - GESTION
Les Saisies
73620 - HAUTELUCE
infos@grand-mont.com
www.grand-mont.com

I emailed them to ask was the residence different to the apartments and were they sure I couldnt use the pool but they didnt respond, its no good ringing with my pigeon french lol. i am trying to explain every other agency that offers the apartments offer the use of the pool, i am just worried if i book it and it is totally different to the "residence" and we cant use pool.

I am tempted though
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy