Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is there an age limit to skiing ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Attitudes towards age are interesting though. Last season in Soll sitting on a chairlift, a couple of english whippersnappers were chatting beside us. "Someone was saying in the bar last night that there are some pensioners who are still skiing ! Can you believe it?" As we left the lift my companion, in his 70s, turned to them and said "yes - and you are looking at 2 of them." We cruised off down the piste leaving them somewhat surprised.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for all the feed back ..great stories..Looking forward to many more years of skiing Cool Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
This is something that plagues me as I get older (now 58, there I've admitted it). I intend to qualify for the free lift pass in Flaine (at 75) but I doubt I'll be driving there then and sleeping in a 25 square metre appartment. I only do one or two weeks a year and value every single day - I never want the week to end. And every time, being a glass haf-empty type, as I take my skis off after the last run, I wonder how many more times I'll be able to do it. I'm no expert but I've managed to get more efficient (I think) and can rip it down my favourite red if there's a bit of powder on top without too many aches and pains. Hell, there's nothing like it, is there. It's good to read about much older people than me who're still skiing. It's given me hope. That's good, isn't it. Regards.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

It's good to read about much older people than me who're still skiing. It's given me hope.

Very true.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It is a great thread.. I have so much respect for those mentioned.

I went on a trip with a guy of 65+ who was learning to ski.. now thats brave when you will be falling over all the time. I even got my mum on a pair of skis last year and she is 65+.. her words "why didn't I do this before?"

And don't forget free ski passes for 75+ (Three Valleys).. I think I'll deserve that by then...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some places give reduced lift passes at 62 (and others a variety of other ages from 60 - 70).

My main fear is that back problems might intrude. I have had to attend to that a bit this last year.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy