Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

APPR Telepeage Doofer thingy

Poster: A snowHead
No No No no No neh neh, you ar not answering my origional question.

Are APPPR changing to French Bank account only
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Timbobaggins, I suppose they might, but you have signed up to the account under the current terms and conditions, which allows you to use a credit card. SANEF no longer offer the option of signing up online with a credit card, you need a French bank account. However, my account still allows me to add a new card or bank account,that hasn't changed. Your contract will be in accordance with the T&C's you signed up to.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hells Bells wrote:
Timbobaggins, I suppose they might, but you have signed up to the account under the current terms and conditions, which allows you to use a credit card. SANEF no longer offer the option of signing up online with a credit card, you need a French bank account. However, my account still allows me to add a new card or bank account,that hasn't changed. Your contract will be in accordance with the T&C's you signed up to.

Hooooooooooooooooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh an answer at last Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timbobaggins, didn't I say something similar earlier wink
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've only gawn and dunnit!.

Ordered an APRR one, thought it worth a punt. First trip in December so if payment details have to change in Jan at least I'll get my money back.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
My APPR telepeage account is linked to a Visa Debit Card from a Nationwide Account. When it expired earlier this year, I had to phone up to add the new card.
From my bank statements, it appears that they do not debit each individual peage trip, but debit at the end of the month.
(Timbobaggins, I'm not sure if this helps your original question as I have no idea what will happen next year!)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just recieved mine today, ordered Saturday arrived Friday ( cost them 9.60 euro to send!!) opened up the package and then just spent two hours on google translate working out all the guff and instructions.

Interestingly there was one leaflet in english saying how great this was for occaisional trips dans la France, so they obviously don't mind us Brits having one.

There is a direct debit form in with the badge, but from google translate it appears this is to gaurantee payment if your credit card expires, Does not appear mandatory.

Also you have a unique 12 digit number which with that and a 5 digit postcode you can register on the APRR website and look at your account on line.

I gambled stuck my unique 12 digit number in and used 00000 it then asked me to change my password which i did. I hasten to add i had put this in the post code field when ordering, so if you put something else in you need to remember what 5 digits you used.

I can now log in to my account using the 12 digit unique reference number and my new password Very Happy

Mind you the proof of the pudding will be when i pull up all smug at the barrier with my shades on in January, looking nonchanantly at you poor snow heads that have not got one, to then find the poxy thing dont work rolling eyes

Will let you all know, and if anyone goes before end of Jan with an APPR jobbie let us know how you got on, thanks
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Timbobaggins, Glad you got it OK, hopeully have mine mid week, using my one in December so I'll let you know how I get on.

As you say, it appears they are happy for Brits to have one as my confirmation email was in English.

PS. Any chance you could send me the instructions?, is there much to it?.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nope, stick it on your windscreen, keep four metres back from the car in front so you don't get charged for their toll.

If barrier doesnt go up, take a ticket and then at the next peage drive to one marked with both an arrow and a P and hand ticket and doofer in, to be charged.

If you have a heated front screen your clear area should be a shaded bit by rear view mirror stick doofer there.

Battery cinq ans approx ( 5 years )

Doofer should give a bleep if it registers ( french for bleep is Blip!!! )

Other than that there are instructions how to get on the web site , but just follow steps in my previous post.

God luck with your Doofer and let me know how you get on wink
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timbobaggins, Cheers for that.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Timbobaggins, Remember the first barrier at Calais is the slowest reacting one on the whole network, just to make us Brits quiver wink Toofy Grin
(Actually, it's now one of the latest drive through at 30kph, if you dare, ones Laughing)
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Freddie Paellahead, when you phoned did you need fluent French & what number did you phone? I need to put my new credit on ours & am trying to decide how
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Recieved mine today. Anybody who has ordered one recently do you know what all the bumf that comes with it is? Just saves me getting it translated.

Thanks
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timbobaggins wrote:
Nope, stick it on your windscreen, keep four metres back from the car in front so you don't get charged for their toll.

If barrier doesnt go up, take a ticket and then at the next peage drive to one marked with both an arrow and a P and hand ticket and doofer in, to be charged.

If you have a heated front screen your clear area should be a shaded bit by rear view mirror stick doofer there.

Battery cinq ans approx ( 5 years )

Doofer should give a bleep if it registers ( french for bleep is Blip!!! )

Other than that there are instructions how to get on the web site , but just follow steps in my previous post.

God luck with your Doofer and let me know how you get on wink

There you go.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ford wrote:
Timbobaggins, Remember the first barrier at Calais is the slowest reacting one on the whole network, just to make us Brits quiver wink Toofy Grin
(Actually, it's now one of the latest drive through at 30kph, if you dare, ones Laughing)

because that is the first one on your journey. On our way home the toll at Grenoble is the slowest.
ski holidays
Quote:

Anybody who has ordered one recently do you know what all the bumf that comes with it is? Just saves me getting it translated.

I asked my french friend at work and he said it is just to update your account with your French bank account details, so no need to do anything if you are paying by credit card Happy
ski holidays
sbirring wrote:
Quote:

Anybody who has ordered one recently do you know what all the bumf that comes with it is? Just saves me getting it translated.

I asked my french friend at work and he said it is just to update your account with your French bank account details, so no need to do anything if you are paying by credit card Happy

Thanks for that. Thought after all of the above it was wanting the French bank info. Phew
ski holidays
Maybe the wrong place for a newby driver, but I'm driving from Geneva to megeve in a Swiss hire car.
What do I need for the tolls? Can I pay cash, or card only? Do I need an account for one trip? Do the cars come with the badge thingy?
Help????

Thanks,

CW
latest report
cardweg, you can use cash, manned booths will give you change. . You don't need a badge or an account. Your Swiss hire car will usually have the 'vignette' on the windscreen for the Swiss motorway, but you will have to pay cash on the French ones.
snow report
Got my APRR Doofer today. Travelling on 17 Dec and have every confidence.

Was much smaller than I expected though (as the actress said to the Bishop).

For those who have already received theirs: The outside of the package has a clear plastic envelope stuck to it, what is this supposed to contain? as my one was damaged and the contents missing.
snow report
Basil, it might have been a slip to sign for the delivery. UK postal service usually ignore it, but might just remove it.
ski holidays
I ordered mine from Vinci via Elior's website. This offer was €5 and no monthly fee for the first six months, then €2 per month that it is used. The €5 is refunded off the first bill so as I will be using tolls in Dec, Jan and March it means this year's use will be free (apart from toll charges).

Mine was also ordered on my credit card and it said that I needed to register a French bank account to pay by DD. Reading on it then said that I could only do so in the first 15 days and if I didn't do this it would bill my credit card. The emails confirm that its on its way to me at this very moment.

My main reason for getting one is that I will be driving down alone in December but having experienced the New Year toll queues a couple of years ago, I expect a considerable bit of time can also be saved.
snow report
bar shaker,
Quote:

I expect a considerable bit of time can also be saved

If queues are bad you will still have to queue with everyone else until the tarmac widens out to allow you up the outside to the Telepeage lane.
One year at Reims south and again at Dijon the queue for the cash and credit card booths snaked across blocking the TP lane,
so your expectation of time saved may be over ambitious I'm afraid Sad
(I've just been reminded that the Albertville tolls suffer the same problem when it gets busy.)
ski holidays
Bad news just passed to me by a friend Ref. SANEF CC payments:

Nous vous confirmons que, en effet, nous accepterons des cartes bancaires comme moyen de paiement jusqu'au 31 Décembre 2010.

Vous recevrez bientôt un courrier explicatif concernant ce changement.

Si vous possédez un compte bancaire en France, nous vous invitons d'ores et déjà à opter pour le prélèvement automatique. Il vous suffit pour cela de nous retourner le coupon réponse ci-dessous complété et signé, accompagné de votre RIB à l’adresse suivante : Sanef Service Client Liber-t, B.P. 20185, 60306 SENLIS CEDEX.

Si vous ne possédez pas un compte bancaire en France, nous serons dans l'obligation de mettre fin à votre contrat à partir du 01 janvier 2011.

Seems pretty conclusive.
ski holidays
Nick D, Sad B00ger!
latest report
Boredsurfing, Exactly!
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, don't you have a French bank account. I had to have one to get utilities connected. La Poste is the easiest I've been told.
ski holidays
Hells Bells, I've got one for the same reason but don't use it for anything else so don't really need to keep track of it, if the Sanef charges go on I will have to keep a closer eye and make larger ttransfers I guess.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hells Bells, We have one but its going to be a pain, guess we'll just have to transfer a bigger chunk to cover the seasons trips.
ski holidays
Begs the question. of which other operators will continue allow a charge to a UK Credit Card?
snow report
These guys do but the ongoing costs are too high http://www.tolltickets.com/shop/pricelist.aspx?lang=en-GB&pc=libert&ct=short
snow conditions
blizt, when I updated mine, I used a phone number I think from the original bumph. I tried using the "Je ne parle pas Francais" to which the reply was, "Mais je ne parle pas Anglais!" but we managed between us.
ski holidays
Boredsurfing, it looks like APRR will. When I got the doofer through the post there was a French Direct Debit form, with an attached note in English saying 'only required if paying by French bank account'. I'm guessing that a) as the note was in English, b) as they allowed me to sign up with a UK card and c) that the payment by French bank is optional, that they are carrying on taking UK cards.
ski holidays
Ordered mine on Friday. It came today, Wednesday. Travelling Friday. The CN07 "Avis de reception" was still attached. Should I attempt to return it, do you think? Will the doofer work if they haven't received the confirmation of receipt?
snow conditions
Anyone?
snow conditions
planeurge, the CN07 is the 'signed for delivery' equivalent for France. Doubt they even check unless you say you didn't get it.
In my experience UK post office ignore the avis.
latest report
Thanks
ski holidays
planeurge,

Let us know how you get on with your Doofer.

By the way, I am patenting the word "Doofer" as the official Snowheads word for a telepeage thingy Laughing

I might also apply to patent "thingy" Blush
snow conditions
Will do.
snow conditions
Edit - I have just spoken to Vinci and you must give them details of a French bank account. The credit card number given when ordering is only for their security for sending out the fob and any toll charges run up before they get your bank details.

If they don't have your bank details in 15 days, the doofer is cancelled.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy