Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

APPR Telepeage Doofer thingy

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Have ordered one of these off the APPR web site that was on this here forum. Used my UK credit card to pay and set up account. Seemed a good offer at 10 euro and 1.50 euro per month used and the 10 euro will be refunded off first bill.

However on reading other forums, it seems that from Jan 2011 they will want you to pay via a French Bank account only, which i don't have.

Does anyone know if this is correct. I will be attempting to use it Jan, Feb and March 2011.

Thanks

Tim B
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's the first I've heard of it. I registered with a credit card. I guess I'll find out next February.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hhhhmmmm, using a credit card to pay for peage, have an interesting twist on that one. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
hhhhmmmm, using a credit card to pay for peage, have an interesting twist on that one. wink

Pray tell oh wise one Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
well, just assuming that you were to lose the said credit card and then find it again, having cancelled it. If per chance the expiry date were still valid, I was wondering if this card would still work in the peage?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
well, just assuming that you were to lose the said credit card and then find it again, having cancelled it. If per chance the expiry date were still valid, I was wondering if this card would still work in the peage?

Blimey, you look on the bright side of life wink

Anyway does anyone know the answer, maybe you snowHead 's that reside Dans La France.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bumpety Bump Bump wink wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
budumpdumpdump
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Timbobaggins, I may be wrong, but I suspect that at least until your credit card expires your badge will work. They will contact you if they want you to change anything.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timbobaggins,
Whats the worst that can happen?
Your telepeage doesn't work.
You use the Credit card lanes.
You have to stop and wind the window down.
No real loss is it?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
triple post ooops

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 9-11-10 22:17; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Boredsurfing wrote:
Timbobaggins,
Whats the worst that can happen?
Your telepeage doesn't work.
You use the Credit card lanes.
You have to stop and wind the window down.
No real loss is it?

Tragedy, when the toll is high and your peage is fooed
Its a tragedy
When youve planned so hard and it wont take your card
Its a tragedy
When you consult snowheads and you rest in bed
Its a tragedy
Youve spent all year and bent an ear
Its a tragedy
Ive asked for help and i get ignored
Its a tragedy

Dum Dum Dum Dum durrrrm

So i wonder why, i cannot lie
Its a tragedy

Dum too wang wop wop dooh waahhhhh Embarassed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Timbobaggins, Laughing
Travel with yer credit card ready and stop worrying!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Tue 9-11-10 22:12; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
triple post ooops
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's a pity of you can't get one without a French Bank Account, I was going to get one this year.

During the season I drive through from Geneva to Chamonix/Cluses fairly often, and the queues at one of the toll gates can be pretty big. As I drive a RHD car and am often by myself, the telepeage 'doofer' would have come in very handy.
snow report
Ordered one yesterday with APPR and didn't need a French bank account.
snow conditions
chect2000, do you have a link please? The SANEF website I looked at yesterday said that you needed one,
latest report
Whitters wrote:
chect2000, do you have a link please? The SANEF website I looked at yesterday said that you needed one,

Hope this helps.

https://www.telepeagepourtous.fr/fr/particulier/souscrire
snow conditions
AIUI SANEF are stopping payment by UK credit card from Jan but APRR are not. I hope this is the case as I just ordered an APRR one Smile
snow report
Oh and with APRR put in 00000 as your postcode but put your real postcode in one of the address lines. HTH
snow conditions
TotallyBoard, do you know why SANEF are stopping this? I've had a SANEF tele for several years and am on their mailing list but I don't recall getting any notification about it? Will it apply to existing account holders?
snow conditions
chect2000, thanks, that worked perfectly. Now on order.
snow report
Yoda, apperently they don't want to take the risk on not getting paid from what I've read.
snow conditions
I was thinking of getting one of these. If only to stop the repeated custom of:

1. Peage coming up Dear (waking her up), lots of flapping around until she realises that the CC is in the screen visor.

1a. Peage coming up Dear (not waking her up but she has not seen the warning signs for the toll), then lots of flapping around until she realises that the CC is in the screen visor.

2. Am I close enough to the machine dear?, yes I think so, as she has to remove seat belt and lean half her body out of window to insert card.

3. Pfaff around returning the card to a convenient place (the sun visor Dear).

We make three trips a year to Cluses so would be interested if there was any cost which would outweigh the benefits of having a TAG.
snow report
Basil, the deal I was looking at is an initial one-off 10€ set up fee, then €1.50 for each month that you actually use it. So for example if you only come in Jan, Feb and March, there will be no fee for the rest of the year.

At least as far as my pigeon French and google translate could figure out.
snow report
Whitters, So you get a monthly service charge (or not depending on the offer) plus the toll fee. Is the toll fee the standard price or is it discounted in any way?.
snow report
I have as stated above, Just ordered the APPR one. It has a 10 euro to get it charge, which is refunded on your first bill when you use it, so it costs nothing.

If you opt for e-billing it then costs 1.50 euro each month you use it.

So we are going in Jan, Feb and March so added on to our toll bills will be a grand total of 4.50 euro.

Which i think is peanuts to pay for being able to get through the tolls a little quicker. Even if it saves 30-40 mins each way its a bargain.

You do not pay for the months you dont use it.

My concern is that a lot of the telepeage doofer thingys seem to insist that you have a French Bank account. At the moment APPR does not, but i am trying to find out if they are changing in the New Year as well.
snow report
oops double post slow internet!!!

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 10-11-10 16:28; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If there are two of you and provided you aren't travelling at peak times then I can't see the point - it's so easy to pay with CC. It's not as though you have to stop very often Confused
ski holidays
Lou, I tend to go weekends, so it can be very busy, particularly at the first one past Geneva which can be pretty bad at peak times, no problem at other times. It is two stops on the way there, two stops on the way back, assuming I am sticking to resorts within an hour or so of Geneva.

So really for me it just saves a bit of hassle digging around for change or the credit card, particularly if travelling alone, and can easily save 15 minutes or so on a busy Saturday or Sunday morning.
latest report
Whitters, so if you are on your own and travelling at peak times then I can see the point! wink
snow report
If I log into my SANEF account, it shows my method pf payment as CB, and I also have the option to add a foreign bank account. This must only apply to new accounts.
ski holidays
Basil, no discount on this scheme, except for the petrol you save in not sitting in a queue

There are a couple of other schemes that require a €29 annual charge and you get a dicount, but these depend on you either

- repeating the same journey regularly
- or being within 100km of your home - do you have a place in Cluses? Not sure it would be helpful if you're driving from the UK though.

Lou, one of the problems solved if I'm on a Billy-no-mates trip for the day!!!
snow report
i have a sanef one guess i will find out if it still works this season.... not had anythign though about this so maybe it is new accounts...maybe they could offer a prepay load it up type account
snow report
Whitters, I had a struggle through the website and noticed that.

1.50 a month to use it is brill, we plan travelling to Cluse/Les Carroz three times a year and must go through around 1/2 dozen Peage on the way down (we stop off overnight), so that makes it about 10p extra per toll per trip, sounds like a bargain to me and may well order one. Is the payment via a direct debit type of arrangement or does the bank account backup a credit card?.

Our first trip is in December so even if I can only use a UK bank for a month at least I should get the rebate.

What are the vehicle classes?, I have an estate car with roofbox <2m high, would this be class 1?.
snow conditions
Basil, yes, that would be class 1. As would any car even with a roofbox.
ski holidays
Basil, I can't imagine you could use a UK bank accoun;t 'twould cost a fortune, given what they charge for euro transfers.
snow report
pam w, when I logged into my SANEF account this evening, it appeared that I could add a UK bank account. I didn't try it, as these things have a habit of going wrong
latest report
pam w, Did think that myself but thought perhaps DD might have been relevant which is probably the context in which the French banks would operate. I do not get charged massive transfer fees from my UK bank if I get cash from a machine in France, nor do I via my credit card payments at the Peage.

Thinking about it though why would a French bank account be necessary for anybody, unless of course you were to use a Maestro type card. A French motorist using a CC at a peage would not be debited directly from a bank, the card account would debit the bank.

Still gonna try and get one as Timbobaggins, has.
ski holidays
it's easy to use a credit card (a UK one). But charges for bank transfers are high - the minimum with mine is something like £15 and some of the tolls are only a few euros. Yes, mine goes out of my French bank on a direct debit. I very rarely look at the amounts - which I find is the best way for peace of mind. wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy