Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SNowheads Weekend at Nixmaps Pad

Poster: A snowHead
jzBun, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1948 here, but still nothing from Nic nak about this weekend.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hope it's not all a big waste of peoples time!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
lightningdan, I think it is but I'm prepared to call his bluff (I've never had any problem wih is quest for "staff" and enjoy the threadsO)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx, If he calls your bluff, it'll be a big pants occasion for sure. wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx wrote:
lightningdan, I think it is but I'm prepared to call his bluff (I've never had any problem wih is quest for "staff" and enjoy the threadsO)

Me to , I cannot do the weekend I mentioned earlier but will make myself free for any other, February or very early March , I will turn up.So Nix what's the call? how many of us do you want? I am ready to believe you and expect nothing for nothing!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Schuss in Boots, biatch - that was a private conversation wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, I was thinking of Bridgette Jones..... Little Angel
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Schuss in Boots wrote:
holidayloverxx, I was thinking of Bridgette Jones..... Little Angel

Happy days then! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
ChrisWo wrote:
ChamCham wrote:

Still waiting for you to come out of the troll closet, Nix.

Sounds awfully like you're at least suggesting he's a troll wink

Although I’m not seriously proposing that Nixmap is trolling, just humour me for a moment.

How would you plan and execute the perfect troll?
Build an identity that sounds plausible.
Plant seeds on internet sites around the world so that if someone tries to validate the thread later, there’ll be plenty of references on Google.
Watch the responses see which threads bite (Snowheads and TGR) and feed them. First, lots of information, answer all the questions with an affable, easy style. Don’t upset anyone, don’t panic. Then, when criticism comes, sound affronted, genuine.
Then disappear for a bit, and reappear a year later with a new thread on the same idea. Throw in some new element to cause a bit of controversy. As the man said, all publicity is good publicity. People will remember the earlier thread, they’ll feel they know you, and familiarity breeds gullibility.
Be patient. Never reveal anything that might implicate. Never blow your cover.
This is real deep cover.
After another year has passed, throw in another thread, with a different emphasis. Bait the hook, cast the line, wait, and reel them in.

Masterful.

I’ll almost be disappointed if Nix turns out to be genuine.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

answer all the questions with an affable, easy style.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chamcham, Laughing Twisted Evil
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hmmm....

'Affable easy style.' Is that where you flame a whole forum full of snowboarders by suggesting that their sport is a waste of time and that they perform unnatural acts with thier fellows ?

It was pretty impressive and nobody had the wit to go "This is a wind up, right ?".

For what it's worth, I think it's a pretty cool offer, but my life is in such a 2 and 8 that I'd probably have to walk there, so I'll probably be delivering pizzas that weekend.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thirty06 wrote:
Hmmm....
'Affable easy style.' Is that where you flame a whole forum full of snowboarders by suggesting that their sport is a waste of time and that they perform unnatural acts with thier fellows ?

No thats just stating the obvious,

Unnatural acts? Let me ask you? Is is natural to travel sideways? Goodness knows what else you get up to. Cool
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Nix, is this fantanstic offer in addition to the week at New year you are giving away?
snow conditions
nixmap,
Welcome back, Nix. After you failed to make your usual late night appearance last night, I was wondering if you'd gone to ground after my contribution, never to be seen again. In fact, I was on the verge of alerting our colonial cousins on TGR of your exposure as King Troll. Now that would have been fun.
latest report
Chamcham wrote:
nixmap,
Welcome back, Nix. After you failed to make your usual late night appearance last night, I was wondering if you'd gone to ground after my contribution, never to be seen again. In fact, I was on the verge of alerting our colonial cousins on TGR of your exposure as King Troll. Now that would have been fun.

Chamcham, according to Nix , he is already best mates with TGR, and has claimed elsewhere that he got a much better response from them then the aggresive snowheads.

I am happy to keep going with him for a bit. After all a man who does not need his chalet over New Year as he is going elsewhere must be mover and shaker!!! I hope my positive energy is well recieved, especially after the row over what you can twitter and what you cannot. If he is a troll , my replies will be tourettes central !!! Shocked
snow conditions
lightningdan wrote:
Hi Nix, is this fantanstic offer in addition to the week at New year you are giving away?

Um see the original post, Actually Ive had a few serious private replies, who wish to remain anonymous and dont want to get involved in the thread.

As per usual we are there are two channels to the conversation,
Firstly the real people of snowheads who are genuininely interested in exchanging and sharing their sporting advendutures. (Thank you for your kind messages)
Secondly , just the people who make a lot of noise on the thread, proving how witty and smart they are, trying only to ellicit the idignant responses of a) the indignant OP (you win again) and b) others who would just be happy with a reasonable discussion from interested parties who try to defend the OP

To suggest that I am in some way baiting this forum or some form of master troll, IMHO simply beggars belief, when the fact it is exactly the other way around.

Evidently this baiting is allowed to continue and I find that sad, but censorship (demonstrably) is not my responsibility.
ski holidays
nixmap wrote:
lightningdan wrote:

Um see the original post, Actually Ive had a few serious private replies, who wish to remain anonymous and dont want to get involved in the thread.

Firstly the real people of snowheads who are genuininely interested in exchanging and sharing their sporting advendutures. (Thank you for your kind messages)
Secondly , just the people who make a lot of noise on the thread, proving how witty and smart they are, trying only to ellicit the idignant responses of a) the indignant OP (you win again) and b) others who would just be happy with a reasonable discussion from interested parties who try to defend the OP

To suggest that I am in some way baiting this forum or some form of master troll, IMHO simply beggars belief, when the fact it is exactly the other way around.

Evidently this baiting is allowed to continue and I find that sad, but censorship (demonstrably) is not my responsibility.

Oh well f@ck off then.
snow report
nixmap, I was serious when I said I'd come, not like our lightnin dan friend - I'm all for a bit of altruism
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
nixmap, I was serious when I said I'd come

So was I, should have sent a PM like all the other snowheads who remain anonymous.
latest report
lightningdan, but you've just told him to f*ck off - maybe not the best way of building bridges Laughing
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
lightningdan, but you've just told him to f*ck off - maybe not the best way of building bridges Laughing

You are probably right, I hope he PM'S you and invites you.

You have not told him to f#ck off so you are certainly going!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
nixmap, I was serious when I said I'd come, not like our lightnin dan friend - I'm all for a bit of altruism

in the absence of anything else snd me a PM and I can give you some more details off line.
ski holidays
Quote:

thirty06 wrote:
Hmmm....

No thats just stating the obvious,

Unnatural acts? Let me ask you? Is is natural to travel sideways? Goodness knows what else you get up to. Cool

Dude, that is harsh!

I admit that I did once have a 'taster' of the devil's tea tray, but I was young and experimenting. I simply Googled you and found this outrageous knock down flame fest where a whole bunch of gnarly dudes with baggy trousers got uptight when you posted an obvious gag. It was like a thirty year old man punching a baby in the head (copyright Bill Hicks).

What you forgot is a simple fact that is illustrated in the following anecdote that I shamelessly plagiarise from TGR without any attribution or credit:

Guy walks into a bar in snowy Colorado.

Guy: Hey I've got a great joke about Snowboarders.

Grungy, Dreadlocked dude: Hey man I'm a snowboarder!

Guy: That's okay, I'll tell it real sloooowly.

Anyway, good luck with the drunken orgy\quiet social gathering at your mountain lair. Lightningdan is going to feel a bit of a charlie when you sit there in your black and chrome swivel chair stroking a white, persian cat and say "Ah, Mr. Lightingdan, I have been expecting you" and then your enormous martial arts trained non-staff henchmen grab him and chuck him in the shark tank.
ski holidays
thirty06 wrote:
... non-staff henchmen...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
nixmap wrote:
[To suggest that I am in some way baiting this forum or some form of master troll, IMHO simply beggars belief, when the fact it is exactly the other way around.

C'mon Nix, you seem to have suffered an uncharacteristic loss of your sense of humour Smile
You've always been happy to enter into the debate in the past.
ski holidays
I think the "feeling a right Charlie" moment is someday off. Nice that they have computers in nut houses. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
nixmap wrote:
lightningdan wrote:

At what point do you stop being a prick? Are you so paranoid that only your 'super secret friends' are the intimates that you're going to share any details with? I wish you a loooong life to share with all the demons of your own making. I'd wish this thread closed and deleted as you're simply far too f'd in the head to do anything as simple as hosting a ski weekend. But it will continue, as will your BPD. rolling eyes

edit:
Nixmap, on re-reading this post I can see I'm being offensive on a personal level . . . so should I redact? Well, I've re-read the entire thread and have come down to the same conclusion, You are incapable of doing anything that doesn't require some form of obsequiousness from the other party . . . yup you're a prick and becoming a sensitive one at that. The motivation for your behaviour can only be speculative but if you just want to be altruistic you need to change your approach.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sun 14-11-10 12:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
nixmap, ... see that little blue or greyish box that all your text is in above... well maybe, just maybe this
Quote:

admin wrote:
The cost will be £375pp for shared twin/double accommodation in l’Oxalys incl. Val Thorens area lift pass.
You can secure your place for a deposit of £120 (settle up the rest by 6wks before the EoSB pls). ......

pays for that?

It may be your responces (like the one above) that encourage people to think about you being a little bit of a twit?
snow report
Quote:

Nice that they have computers in nut houses.

I have always found it convenient, letter writing was always a protracted affair with crayons and Kleenex. I would however point out that the polite term is now, 'Acute Ward'.
snow report
Nothing much more than a bit of 'look at me', is it?
snow report
Quote:

Nixmap, on re-reading this post I can see I'm being offensive on a personal level

Whatever your personal mission here is, I dont get it.
Honestly I just don't have the energy for it.
I thought it might be fun to host a get together, with some like minded enthusiasts and, even satisfy some curiosity. But I can see this is isnt going to work.

Congrats Masque, and others.. Hope you are satisfied.
snow conditions
Chamcham wrote:
C'mon Nix, you seem to have suffered an uncharacteristic loss of your sense of humour Smile
You've always been happy to enter into the debate in the past.

Debate yes, sensless abuse, no.
ski holidays
nixmap, my first thread on SH was crazy - it was about poo-poo service from First Choice; they completely stuffed me up yet so many SH beat me up about it. The thing about SH is that there are a few very vocal few who just like to be contrary. Do not give in to them - carry on posting - if they dont like it then stuff em Wink
latest report
nixmap, hey sweetheart you spat your dummy long before I dived in, I thought it might be fun too and even considered it as I plan on being in Europe at the new year . . . and then you went all Mission Impossible. It's not rocket science to say where when and how much, it's simples . . . but once again you want people to jump through your hoops. It ain't gonna happen and the more frequently you do that, the less chance you have of gaining some respect. You are not Andrew Carnegie, just someone with a snow hut, too cheap to employ staff and incapable of just organising a ski weekend rolling eyes

edit:
Quote:
I reckon the only reason boaders like boarding is they secretly enjoy the T-bars ride, after all its the closest thing to a thrill they will get all day. ( and probably all night) unless they are with their other snowboarding buddies.

Why else are they called Gays on Trays.

You remember posting that little gem? Just how many forums have you been thrown/laughed out of?
latest report
TGR Responses to Nix, they do not seem to love him. He is doing well on the diplomacy as well.

"You are British, right? The nation of f#cktards coasting? Hoards of drunken louts? Can't figure out your head from your assholes?

Come one, come all! Be the next poor smuck to fellate Nix, your better! Live on his excellent coattails! "

"Every year Nix posts these threads and every year he gets 3-4 pages of poo-poo and an employee (eventually.) I predict a repeat. This job isn't for broke-ass f#cktards, which eliminates 80% of this forum, but there is a lurker out there PM-ing him somewhere. "2008

No takers then.
snow report
nixmap wrote:

I thought it might be fun to host a get together, with some like minded enthusiasts and, even satisfy some curiosity.

"like minded"? Wink Wink Wink Hahaha! Laughing

Well, even if I can actually make the "gathering", I would never let it be known that I did. Looking at the style he represents here, I wouldn't be too surprised not everyone celebrates to be "like minded" as such.

Quote:
But I can see this is isnt going to work.

Maybe you have better luck at TGR? Wink
ski holidays
I only nipped out for more popcorn, and we're already up to page 3.......
latest report
Jeeez....I was thinking of organising a weekend for a few snowHeads that I have met over the years at my shack in Switz too.

Don't think I will bother having seen the reaction of so many people here.
There are a lot of Horse Dentists....
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy