Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SNowheads Weekend at Nixmaps Pad

Poster: A snowHead
Im half seriously thinking about this.

Should be fun, Obviously I cant accomodate everyone I think, but I could find good value nearby alternatives out of high season from the neighbours.

Maybe its just a silly Idea.
No doubt youll let me know.

Nix.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
will it be 'free' ?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
nixmap, What's the worst that can happen, when you advertise a party/ski weekend/hot tub swingers orgy on the internet?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
*cue invite on Facebook resulting in 3000 teenagers arriving at Nixmap's front door*

Where in CH are you?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Haha I do love a good nixmap thread Toofy Grin

Will your not-staff Chalet staff be there to cater for our every need and whim, cook us dinner party quality meals and give our kids skiing lessons ?
Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not sure whether you're brave or mad nixmap, but whatever, good luck to you and i hope it comes off snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nixmap, first good idea you've had, this is how the EOSB started when PG offered a similar thing at his place in Bourg St Maurice. Be wary though, PG and admin wondered if they'd fill the 10 beds available - there were 27 of us on the first EOSB and look at it now.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BergenBergen wrote:
will it be 'free' ?
Yes...ish: you'll just need to re-decorate the kitchen Wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
naughty naughty admin wink
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
BergenBergen wrote:
will it be 'free' ?

I can't house everyone, but I could find good value nearby alternatives out of high season from the neighbours, theres plenty of unused chalets out of high season. Depends on the demand.

Those of you who have a moral objection things being offered for free, shouldnt have an objection to this.

Of course, I wouldnt want to be accused of running a clandestine rental agency, on this very pure, non commercial site. So please excuse me for being a uncharacteristically obtuse about this.

Smile
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin wrote:
BergenBergen wrote:
will it be 'free' ?

If I asked you to "bring a bottle" and then ended up with more bottles than I started out with, would that make it commercial?

Nick.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nixmap wrote:

If I asked you to "bring a bottle" and then ended up with more bottles than I started out with, would that make it commercial?

Nick.

He's really not got a clue, has he? . . . ending up with more bottles rolling eyes
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Masque, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque wrote:
nixmap wrote:

Nick.

He's really not got a clue, has he? . . . ending up with more bottles rolling eyes

Bit harsh Masque, I too usually end up with more bottles

.........empty ones that is Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
nixmap, very generous of you - can you pick me up from the airpot in your 'copter? Very Happy
snow report
nixmap, Poor you! Give the guy a break folks!! Yes, I KNOW the history, but he might be able to come up with something that would be a good trip for anyone that went - surely the idea is worth serious discussion?
snow conditions
Megamum, I was being serious!
latest report
nixmap, Who'll be doing the cooking? wink
ski holidays
I'll do the cooking!!! Give the non-staff staff a break.
latest report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

That's kind of you Laughing
ski holidays
Anniepen wrote:
nixmap, Who'll be doing the cooking? wink

Not sure he offered a 'catered' option, did he? What was that old phrase about gift horses and mouths?
latest report
Shimmy Alcott wrote:

admin wrote:
BergenBergen wrote:
will it be 'free' ?

Laughing Laughing
snow report
Boredsurfing, Laughing
ski holidays
Just returned from a weekend in Tignes and up for another, so I'm interested (mental note, prepare for onslaught from holier than thou SHs), although fitting it in around my other skiing may be a challenge. As a minimum, I'll get to talk to the non-staff staff and report back what an ogre Nixmap is, and therefore be popular on SH for evermore. Toofy Grin

On the other hand, I could have a great weekend skiing with good company. After all, anyone who can put up with the flak Nixmap's received and still come back for more must be up for a laugh, at the very least.

And on the subject of bottles, is Genepi exclusively French, or do the Swiss drink it as well?

By the way, Nixmap, have you made this offer on TGR too? It's just I looked, and I couldn't see it... Laughing
snow conditions
Did we ever find out where Nicks chalet is? IFIRC all that was established is that it's at the cheap end of a village and a long walk or a drive in the car to the lifts?
latest report
Boredsurfing wrote:
Did we ever find out where Nicks chalet is? IFIRC all that was established is that it's at the cheap end of a village and a long walk or a drive in the car to the lifts?

Meirengen-Hasliberg ish
ski holidays
fatbob, That resort X ...isn't it Puzzled
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, Nope Laughing
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Boredsurfing, Moerlialp.
latest report
Naughty nixmap, ... I could swear I read those sentiments from someone else a few years. Then again I may be paranoid and you're not on a mission.

Excellent idea ... will enjoy watching the 'Follow-Through' and will undoubtedly be a fun-thread ..
ski holidays
do I need to bring a cozzie? I assume there's a hot tub?
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, Sshyeah right, like you've ever bothered with a cozzie when sharing a hot tub with people off the internet.....
ski holidays
The Voice of Reason, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:

Its ski in ski out-- if you are a beginner, then you might prefer to walk 100m to the piste-
ski holidays
SO how do I go about making a list then
latest report
nixmap, You start with a heading and then you put lots of words underneath it....... simples wink
snow report
how about something entirely non commercial like this.

admin wrote:
The cost will be £375pp for shared twin/double accommodation in l’Oxalys incl. Val Thorens area lift pass.
You can secure your place for a deposit of £120 (settle up the rest by 6wks before the EoSB pls).
Anyone paying a deposit before 7th Nov will pay £10 less on the final price.
Anyone paying in full before 7th Nov will get a discount of £25.
No one needs to pay a single supplement as we'll sort you out with a room mate of similar gender, but if you really want to be a lawn, you can be for £180.
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott wrote:
nixmap, very generous of you - can you pick me up from the airpot in your 'copter? Very Happy

No.
Sorry.
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
nixmap, Poor you! Give the guy a break folks!! Yes, I KNOW the history, but he might be able to come up with something that would be a good trip for anyone that went - surely the idea is worth serious discussion?

What history?, Is this example so very different from the last three. Everytime Ive come on here with some altruistic offer that seem exectly in line with the stated goals of this forum - there seem to be people willing to trash it. Either by acrimony or sanctimony.

Just a bit sad really.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy