Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Driving to Verbier from London

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had some advice on driving to Verbier, Switzerland from London via Eurotunnel?

Maybe advice on which routes to take, stopovers, detours, roadworks etc.?

I will be travelling out a few times this season, a couple of times on a specific mission to get there and back within a weekend (there are specific reasons why I need to do this, as on the face of it you wouldn't think it is worth it).

One trip in particular will be a challenge in that it is depart London circa 16:00 on a Friday and then depart from Verbier circa 16:00 on Sunday afternoon.

I was wondering if anyone has any views and / or advice on how to make the trip easier, quicker and safer? (other than use a plane or train! :0))

By the way, the car would be an 4x4 vehicle with new Winter tyres (snowflake symbol) and I have appropriate snowchains and other mandatory European driving requirements, like hi-vis vests, triangle, bulbs etc.

I have also just ordered a French motorway electronic pass device to use the fast track lane on their tolls and have my Swiss motorway Vignette.

I guess I am pretty prepared, except for the route(s), I was planning on letting the sat nav do the work on this, but thought others may have local views / anecdotal advice that is beyond my sat nav!

Many thanks in advance

Sasha
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sasha320, sounds like you've got it pretty well sorted. You always have the route via Besancon and the Jura as an option. It is over 1000m in places so keep an eye on the weather. I always take this if the weather's OK as it breaks the monotony of non stop autoroute. Takes pretty much the same time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steve Sparks wrote:
sasha320, sounds like you've got it pretty well sorted. You always have the route via Besancon and the Jura as an option. It is over 1000m in places so keep an eye on the weather. I always take this if the weather's OK as it breaks the monotony of non stop autoroute. Takes pretty much the same time.

This ^.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
+ 1 ^ Have done it many times via the Jura route and it gets cleared quickly so never had a problem, pretty too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My brother drives out regularly, not sure which route he takes but can find out for you.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy