Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can anyone recommend me a snowboarding instructor in Whistler?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys

Just booked my winter boys trip to Whistler, last week in Feb (was supposed to be Japan but Whistler just appealed a lot more)

I'm very much a beginner boarder - just starting to get my confidence to link turns a bit quicker on my last trip iat Easter. I'd like to get a patient instructor to have a couple of hours of lessons each day with to try an dget me ot the next stage.

Does anyone have an recommendations of private instructors? Or if not a specific intsructor, maybe a website to finde one?

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i have a friend there

but i don't think if he was there at this moment. he was working as guide or instructor i think of snow boarding.

i will contact him and tell about you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whistler has one main ski school run by the mountain, so if you contact them they can prebook an instructor for you. You can also request a certain instructor if you like. http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/snowschool/index.htm
Sorry don't know of any one there this year to recommend, but if you tell them you are at an intermediate level rather than a complete beginner they will give you a more qualified or experienced instructor. Also if you've booked with a tour operator like Crystal or Inghams... they can get you a discount on ski school, best way to do it... and if not go speak to them inresort and they can probably hook you up!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As said earlier the Whistler ski school is the place to contact, I wouldn't advise private lessons though. I'm not commenting on the quality of instruction just that it's unnecessary for a beginner. I worked in privates in the ski school last season, they'd of course be happy to take your money and I'm sure you'd learn and lot and have a great time. That said for a beginner I'd recommend group lessons, if the start of the season is anything to go by the classes will be small 2 - 4 people so you'll get plenty of attention and advice. And I'd recommend you go to blackcomb, I though in Whistler base but it's really all the same.

I wouldn't recommend telling them you're a intermediate if your not you'll end up with the wrong person. Instructors in the school get assigned classes based on their level of qualification, the higher the level the higher the standard of the class and the more of the mountain you'll see. If you're not at the level you'll get bumped to a lower class and it'll cost you and the other students time, embarrassment etc. and is not worth it.

When you book tell them what level you are at and ask them to assess you when you arrive at the school. In blackcomb there's a chair and Travelator lift close to the school, it'll only take and instructor a few seconds to a minute or two at most to assess you for a class. They'll do the same in Whistler but you'll have to walk up the hill or catch the gondola to the mid station which will take time.

You'll get vouchers for discount lessons with your lift pass and with shops owned by the mountain, if you tell the shop (i,e, the Burton store, Can ski etc..) that you're going to get lessons they might give you a discount, instructors also give out tickets to get you discounts in shops (instructors and shops get commission out of it so it's good for you and them)

If you've any specific questions let me know. I won't be in town myself at the time but I'm happy to help out if I can
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy