Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vans Boot Repairs ??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody know where I could get my Vans Encore boot repaired - no receipt as I bought off ebay. The bit that holds the boa lace at the top left side is sewn onto a leather part and it's tearing where the stitching is. I'm in the NortWest (Lancashire).

TIA
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Take it to your local shoemender, they may be able to come up with something as it's just a material fix.
You may find this useful though, PDF's for the various BOA assemblies...
http://www.boatechnology.com/faq
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks I was thinking of trying them at the weekend. fingers crossed. ta for the link too. Little Angel
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lizardbush, no harm in also contacting vans direct and asking them if they'd repair it.

a quick search on their "dealer search" site gave me this email address for the uk: vans_ukorders@vfc.com

hth and good luck Very Happy!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had the same boots and exactly the same thing happened to my right boot. Unfortunately the whole lot had torn away from the leather before I got it looked at and they couldn't be fixed. You might have better luck if you've caught it early, but there wasn't a lot of material around there to reattach anything to.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks - this is my third pair & I usually wear them out before anything goes wrong like this. The shoe repairers can't do it and vans uk haven't replied (I'm gonna try again). I may try superglue...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lizardbush, Just a suggestion, but try a 2 part epoxy instead of Superglue as it can go very brittle particularly in the cold.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I used superglue on a pair of Vans Boa boots with a similar fault, worked fine for me (another 3 weeks riding out of them before replacing them)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy