Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A stupid health question...

Poster: A snowHead
Just out of interest, does anyone here take any training supplements (tablets, nutrition shakes etc) before they hit mountain??..like the way say a footballer or rugby player would??....and does anyone take anything whilst they are way??

This coming season is probably gonna be my fittest in all the years I've been...I'm just looking for advice to get the most from it!!*

*Could be totally undone by an Apres-Ski/weisbier addiction!!!

Anyone?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Red Wine - lots
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dazman, ibuprofen. lots of it too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmm... Red Wine Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmm ibuprofren & red wine.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
dazman, whoa! i didn't advocate that (even though i may have indulged in the past myself Embarassed)

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 3-11-10 20:02; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Day 1: Red wine
Day 2: Paracetamol, Red wine, Gaviscon
Day 3 Ibuprofen, Red wine, Gaviscon
Day 4: Ibuprofen, Gavison
Day 5: Gaviscon, Gaviscon
Day 6: Gaviscon, Biere serieux
Day 7: Gaviscon,
snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
dazman, no. I've trained for and done a few endurance events, but I like to enjoy consuming my nutrients.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A Hip Flask 50/50 mix whisky and Stones Ginger Wine. I then do not feel any pain from my legs/back/knees/head/arms ect ect.

Also a tricky Black looks like a Blue from the top Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Timbobaggins, so that's how Scotch and Ginger Wine is supposed to be served. I was flummoxed when someone asked me to make them one t'other day!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I love it when thread titles answer themselves
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dazman wrote:
like the way say a footballer or rugby player would??.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
If you are doing leg intensive stuff on the first day taking a protein drink or bar up to have as soon as you finish does seem to aid recovery... especially if you may be waiting for a few hours before eating your evening meal.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
A big dose of MTFU.

Timbobaggins, thats a "whisky Mac" - a "Rusty Nail" is almost as good.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Scarpa wrote:
.. or bar up to have as soon as you finish does seem to aid recovery.

I think quite a few Snowheads "bar up" as soon as they finish skiing. wink
ski holidays
Quote:

a "whisky Mac"
This has an added advantage if you like singing while you're skiing - it magically oils the vocal chords. Very Happy
snow report
dazman,I always advise that people aim to eat a diet full of super antioxidant super foods like Akuduzushui beans and cranpomergaric berry juice. This helps protect your; skin, genitals, muscles, liver from over/under use in the unusual setting of an alpine environment with its levels of; sunlight, sex, excercise for which many will have little experience of the other 51 weeks a year.

Studies have shown that this improves horny goatiness especially if eaten according to biodynamic principles, berries should only really be eaten on a rising moon, legumes however can be eaten throughout the lunatic cycle.

In preparation for a weeks skiing I myself always consult my natruopathic/nutritionalistic stool therapist, it is best to have a high colonic massage and stool analysis performed by an experienced analyser at least 3 weeks in advance of 'hitting the slopes' - otherwise you could actually have an awful time with a misplaced consonant!

As well as more conventional advice like biodynamic smashinginess and adzudokositikiy berries I also advise my clients to take a wide range of very expensive supplimentts; selenium is a particuar issue for me- the levels of selenium have been shown to be consistently low in the inner ears and big toenails of the particular type of skier the 'Gullibilii North Londonii' to give the sufferers their correct naturapathetic name. Selenium deficency- which is reatively common in Mongolia can actually cause cardiomyopathy- a serious problem if you are aiming to get down a bump run in one piece- so £35 for one months supply is really a bit of a bargain.

Or failing that red wine and ibuprofen.
ski holidays
ed123, brilliant! Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Multivitamins with Iron - will be making more red blood cells at altitude, good fresh fruit and veg is harder to find in resort too.
Energy gels between runs on race days.
DIY chocolate milk after skiing - good quality drinking chocolate in cold milk.
snow conditions
ed123, Laughing Laughing
latest report
Glucosamine and Chondroitin daily for my ageing joints
snow report
ed123, Laughing Laughing
snow report
dazman, stupid health question- stupid health answer!
latest report
ed123, Laughing Laughing Laughing

this thread is useless... without pictures... of your stools.... Toofy Grin
snow report
a prize to the first reply identifying the one truth!
snow conditions
ed123,
Quote:
Selenium deficency- which is reatively common in Mongolia
?
snow report
Stock up on Vitamin I - the skier's friend.
snow report
here's one
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stoatsbrother, Kenshan disease- yes.
ski holidays
I heard the drumming of zebras across the dusty plains- and see a little pile of rocking horse poo-poo.
latest report
anyone want to see my stools, they are effing huge rolling eyes rolling eyes Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
Timbobaggins, put them on www.ratemypoo.com
latest report
urm link broken, However are are they into Mr Hanky " Hidy Ho"
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/qu4AuQA50pg&feature=related
snow conditions
myrtilles- the alpine super food, packed with anthrocyanins, lycopeinisss and polypolyoloyols- the new fantastic supliments which top celeberries all enjoy.
I always find that it is best to get health advice from very experienced and professional people- like Sheryl Cole, Paul McCartney his lovely wife and especially journalists who write in Saturday Papers and have avoided any sort of bias by having no relevant qualifications at all to get in the way of rehashing marketing poo-poo as 'work' and 'information'.

take myrtilles to a new low with the billberyberrrery enema- mind you- for all the good it will do you- you might as well..................
snow conditions
Genepi
snow report
aim low.... drink lots of beer and be amazed at any performance the following day! Laughing
snow report
ed123, Laughing Laughing
latest report
i find doing some creatine loading really helps with muscle recovery (aka sore legs).

have also experimented with Vitamin/Iron supplements - not sure it makes much difference though.
snow report
ed123, I was only asking because a lot of sportspeople seem to be advocating an "after sport" drink/bar ie Maximuscle Viper or USN RecoveryX...I wanted to see if any of our healthier contributors did too.

boardiac, In what format are you doing that?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy