Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

14 17 Dirt cheap accomidation in chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Folks

I have been roped into organising a stag trip to Chamonix between the 14 and 17 of Jan for 9 folks. I need some dirt cheap accommodation and I was after some ideas. A trawl of web has found the following hostel. But does anyone have any experience of this hostel or others in Chamonix. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.chamoniard.com/index.php

Also after a cheap transfer from Geneva

Andrew
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Also found this as another hostel option

L'hôtel El Paso La Cantina

http://www.cantina.fr/en/hotel-el-paso
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.gitevagabond.com/

not been but looks like pretty good value
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The vagabond is good. Dont know about the rooms but the bar is lively and the food good. There is a list of hostals on chamonet. The chalet ski station is handy for the lifts but a bit scruffy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The cantina is noisey. You might get a chamsud a flat for the same as a hostal.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

The cantina is noisey

if it's a stag do they might be contributing to the noise rather than trying to avoid it...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The cantina is bang in the middle of town, the vagabond is quite a distance out of town. If there is room for you all at the cantina I'd book it up as the place does not have to many rooms. It is above a nightclub (in the basement) and restaurant (ground floor) but as long as you dont intend hitting the sack much before midnight you'll be fine (sure it's strict midnight closing in the week)!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
manicpb wrote:
...but as long as you dont intend hitting the sack much before midnight you'll be fine (sure it's strict midnight closing in the week)!

Just noticed your doin a fri to mon trip so it could be a little noisey, still good value accommodation though, warm and secure!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I second the vagabond. It isn't really outside town, just the first building in chamonix proper by the roundabout as one drives into chamonix at one end of rue docteur paccard. The bar is always lively and the staff usually join in the rounds of shots. It is popular though so I'd recommend booking early.

Cantina is also good and can be lively. Probably more of a hotel than Vagabond which is a bonafide gite. For some great deals also check out Le Vert which is a little bit outside town (about 8 minute walk from the Vagabond) - mainly Aussie staff, good food, great bar and free pool table!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The last five years we have stayed at: www.hoteldulouvre.fr whilst on a lads trip. This is very near the centre of town and dirt cheap for where it is. Ideal for stag trip if your intend being on the mountain in the day and on it all night. You do get what you pay for, the place is really old and in need of a makeover but it's OK.

We've stayed at the Cantina previously and whilst the noise wasn't a problem the the pi**ed up customers of the club wondering up stairs and around the corridors were.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just read the website for www.hoteldulouvre.fr which says that it is being refurbished until Dec 2010. This may change the prices but it's worth a look.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Can do you a group deal on airport transfers: www.chamexpress.com 19 Euros HT each, each way. Door-2-Door. 30 transfer departures every day.

Smile

Andrew
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy