Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

for the ones with a bit of money

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/8104856/The-worlds-ten-best-mountain-restaurants.html
l oxalis has made it which is where SH s end of year bush is
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
blockhead, Hmm, I didn't think it was all that to be honest - certainly not michelin star standard - but the price was reasonable for the set meal.

edit: I should have been more clear - we had a set meal which was created for a large group - it was not intended to be 2 star michelin standard

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 3-11-10 16:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They missed out the Ptarmigan!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
blockhead wrote:
SH s end of year bush

Shocked
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
3 out of 10 for me. Must try harder... Sad
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
4/10, but maybe I have been unlucky in my trips to them but definately had better elsewhere than some of those. Though Vronys was good, but is a bit more pretentious than it was when I first went.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It was a tasty enough 'mass catered' meal - don't really think they were even intending to deliver Michelin starred food to us, in terms of either ingredients, taste or presentation. I'd be interested to eat there when they were really trying. The price would be pretty different, though!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx, harsh!
I assume you're talking about the meal we got as a group. Do bear in mind, before you launch an insurrection against the palate-less fools of the Michelin panel who granted l'Oxalys 2 stars, that the meal we had was about half the price of the cheapest thing on the menu. If that wasn't up to standard in your view, I suggest trying something off the menu proper. Helen and I did and in our opinion it was well worth it. (True Hurtle, a very different price.)

Personally, I think the meal we had as a group there was a total bargain - in fact, show me a place to get better quality food than that for less money and I'll gladly buy you dinner there!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My wife and I enjoyed a meal there one Christmas eve a few years ago when it was 1* and we thought the food and atmosphere was great. Although it cost a bit it wasn't extreme and we thought the taster menu was good value, particularly when you consider it took around 4 hours to eat the thing and most meals in resort were starting at around €20. Obviously prices may have risen with his star and the euro was weaker then, but from our experience i am surprised to hear such negative reports.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
admin,
Quote:

show me a place to get better quality food than that for less money and I'll gladly buy you dinner there!
there are some top London restaurants where the price of dinner is prohibitive, but the lunchtime 'prix fixe' is an absolute bargain. Don't know anywhere that bargain dinners are to be had, though.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin, Ooooooh, someone's a grumpy bum this morning......
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Voice of Reason, Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bode Swiller wrote:
They missed out the Ptarmigan!

Scot's Pies, Chips & Baked Beans. Toofy Grin

Chalet Etoile in Cervinia floats my boat, proper mountain restaurant. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Insurrection (wikiwkikiwkwiikkwiiikwkwkkiii)
A limited rebellion is an insurrection, and if the established government does not recognise the rebels as belligerents then they are insurgents and the revolt is an insurgency. In a larger conflict the rebels may be recognised as belligerents without their government being recognised by the established government, in which case the conflict becomes a civil war.

I think she might have just said that, she didn't think it was "All That."
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman wrote:
Chalet Etoile in Cervinia floats my boat, proper mountain restaurant. Very Happy

I can recommend the mountain goat casserole.
latest report
laundryman, I had the 3 casseroles on one plate dish last time, Goat, Beef & Sausage - Fantastic.
snow report
blockhead, I so want to be sat on a wooden terrace looking at snow scenes now Sad

Tartiflette and a green salad, with a crisp white wine will do, no need for Michelin star
ski holidays
admin wrote:
holidayloverxx, harsh!
I assume you're talking about the meal we got as a group. Do bear in mind, before you launch an insurrection against the palate-less fools of the Michelin panel who granted l'Oxalys 2 stars, that the meal we had was about half the price of the cheapest thing on the menu. If that wasn't up to standard in your view, I suggest trying something off the menu proper. Helen and I did and in our opinion it was well worth it. (True Hurtle, a very different price.)

Personally, I think the meal we had as a group there was a total bargain - in fact, show me a place to get better quality food than that for less money and I'll gladly buy you dinner there!

Chill man - it's only an opinion not an insurrection. I said that I thought the price was reasonable for the set meal. I would like to try the menu proper if the occasion arises.
latest report
Little known fact ... the previous editor (now retired) of the UK Michelin guide when asked for his favourite restaurant when off duty reccomended a fish and chip restaurant in Salisbury Market Square and very good it is too for all the right reasons. Very Happy
ski holidays
3/10

But at two of them I only stopped for a coffee.
ski holidays
last friday the wife and i went out to Yorkshire's only curry resturant in the Michelin guide. £28 for the 2 and 1/2 of us. Very nice.
snow conditions
Dot., my mate went to Zaraas a couple of weeks ago too. I used to go to Da Tonino (the properties former Italian eatery) a lot when I was young.

it's on my list.
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, It's very nice mate, and they do takaway and its only 2 miles away. Dangerous Toofy Grin
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
Little known fact ... the previous editor (now retired) of the UK Michelin guide when asked for his favourite restaurant when off duty reccomended a fish and chip restaurant in Salisbury Market Square and very good it is too for all the right reasons. Very Happy

You are Michael Caine and I claim my £5. snowHead
snow conditions
Dot., if they deliver; you're stuffed.

In both ways Laughing
ski holidays
Spyderman, pies and whisky are scotch, not scots. And certainly not Scot's, unless you nicked them from a person of the Caledonian persuasion. Laughing
ski holidays
Lizzard wrote:
Spyderman, pies and whisky are scotch, not scots. And certainly not Scot's, unless you nicked them from a person of the Caledonian persuasion. Laughing

or from someone called Scot
ski holidays
Folie Douce !!!!! they are having a giraffe.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, indeed, they obviously meant La Fruitiere, and it does get a mention, but the self service place jockeys for position as the biggest rip-off joint in the Alps. Lazy reporting. If they'd have asked anyone other than a student ski bum they'd have listed Edelweiss or Le Signal.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy