Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le Bettaix - 3 valleys

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Fellow Snowheads,

I am looking at staying in Le Bettaix (Just below les menuires) and have some queries i hope you can help with:

1) How long does it take to get to a) Val Thorens b) Courchavel using ski lifts.
2) Anybody know of cheap shared transfer companies from Geneva?
3) What times are the first ski lifts?, will les menuires be busy by the time we get there?
4) Any cons i need to know about except the nightlife?

Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
duncanvale,
1) depends Val T would be easier as most people head over to courchevel so chairs less crowded, 40 min? my route would be to take the rocher noir chair up the masse, then the doron chair then the mont de la chambre

2) haven't used any but try www.bensbus.co.uk

3) can't remember the exact time, it can get a bit busy at the lift going up to Les Min, you should be OK if you get up there before ski school, when we got it wrong we would do the Masse and then head over.

To get into Les Menuires its two chairs from Le Bettex

4) Guess you know about the night life, there isn't any, well not strictly true not much, there is one bar/restaurant near the Ski Amis Chalets, then over the river there is a hotel used by mainly by Germans and another used by Dutch. Its a quite place the chalets and accommodation are a reasonable walk from the chair, the blue back down is a nice run at the end of the, and there is a bar at the start of it, for a quick one on the way home, its slightly up from the piste on the right as you go down.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Radar,

Couple of other questions i didn't add before:

Is there a ski hire shop in le bettaix?, if so do you know what its called so i can prebook.

Can i buy my ski lift pass in le betaix?

Looking at doing a dog sled ride. Do you know where they do this in the area?

Thanks again
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Is there a ski hire shop in le bettaix?, if so do you know what its called so i can prebook.

Can i buy my ski lift pass in le betaix?

We've not been to Le B in winter but mountain biked through the village in the summer this year.

There was a ski shop and lift ticket office in the (small and quiet but lovely and very scenic) village.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,
I stayed in Le Bettaix a few years ago with Ski Amis and loved it. There is a ski shop beside the chalets where we got our equipment. I'm not sure about lift passes as we booked ours through Ski Amis.
From memory there is a 2 man chair (opens around 8:30 I think but not sure) that takes you up most of they way then you have a choice if you want to go up into Les Menuires or over to the ski area on the right - I think it's called La Masse? It's great in the morning and well worth it to miss the crowd in Les Menuires.
It won't take you that long to get to Val T but like anything will depend on how well you ski/board. I'm not sure about Courcheval as we didn't make it due to bad weather Sad
There is a bar in Le Bettaix which was run by Edwin - we had really good fun the last day there. We couldn't ski due to the weather so spent all day in the bar........
I hope you have a great time, we certainly did. We are going to Les Arcs 2000 this year for the first time. Tried for Les Bettaix again but couldn't get the flights to Chambrey....

Enjoy snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
duncanvale, The ski hire shop is Twinner, LE CAPRICORNE - Le Bettex - TWINNER - LES MENUIRES, there is a lift pass shop there but unsure of its opening times, we ordered our ski pass through Ski Amis less hassle.

Check with the tourist office on the dog sled ride http://en.lesmenuires.com/winter/ski-resort-les-menuires-152.htm

Le Bettex is a nice little place.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy