Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do snowboards, boots & bindings follow aspiration more than practicality?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Returning to the step in/ ratchet conversation above, I was planning on buying new bindings this season,and pondering k2 autos, or maybe contrabands. I thought it might 1/2 the strap in time. Anyone used either of these or know someone who has?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I learnt on an F2 race board with hard boots. It was excruciating at times and to make matters worse the board (I bought it off a mate forcing me to learn so I hadn't wasted my money) didn't work until you were doing at least 30mph. Then it carved like a dream. To cut down on the pain I missed out great swathes of technique learning.

As there were no instructors in those days, you had to teach yourself and its taken me the 19 since that first ride to try and lose some of the bad habits. The one thing it did teach me is that you can go very fast on a board. Speed scares a lot of boarders but boards become more and more stable the faster you go and I still ride +20/-5 which harks back to my old Apline Stylee days.

The first ride on a soft boot all mountain board was a revelation and I threw away my Alpine board for fear of ever being empted to ride it again. Now I have a stiff board (Vapor), C02 bindings (stiff) and F24 boots (also stiff). This whole set up is at the stiffer end of modern boarding but is a million miles from the hard boots and board-as-stiff-as-a-kitchen-table set up.

Sherlock... now she is fast!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have no problems admitting that I am a slave to looking good....

....the thing is, i just can't work out how to do it!!! Plus, I'm a tight northerner riding around on a 10-year-old board I got off ebay for £30 so I do look a bit crusty. I'd probably suit step-ins TBH, I'm that out of date Wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy