Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When to book?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am planning to book a week in Europe early March (although might re-think as have just seen the French school hols timetable!) and have been looking around for deals but have not seen many around for March dates. Do I follow the hype and book now because "everyone has cut back on beds and availability will be short" or hang on in there and book late? Any wisdom out there or pointers to March deals? Also, are "all in" lift pass, ski hire deals any good (e.g. Crystal ski+) or are you better off doing the leg work to source independently? Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Getting a deal in early March may depend on where you want to go and when exactly in early March. From the 5th to the 12th is quite expensive in many resorts especially in Italy and I think in Austria. If there are not many deals about due to low availability with the tour operators then why not go DIY in late February or from March 12th. I have seen some very good hotel prices in several Italian and Austrian resorts during these weeks (February 26th to 5th March) and (March 12th to March 19th).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nath, I've booked last minute a number of times in the last few seasons. You're more likely to get a last minute deal with a smaller group. So if there is just two of you, I'd say wait and watch the websites. If there are four of you the risk is getting 4 beds in the same accomodation.

As far as "all in deals" I've never done one myself, but have a look at the website of the resort your considering and check out the lift pass prices and then you can compare the prices from an informed position.

One thing I have noticed with "free ski pass included" deals is that it's usually for the "local" area. So if you were going to Val d'Isere for instance you'd get a pass for the Val d'Isere area but not the whole Espace Killy area including Tinges. So if the area you consider has connecting ski areas, check the ski pass offer details closely.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nath, From my experience (but I have not done it recently as I usually go peak season Or non weekend to weekend trips so I DIY)
If you are going with a small group and can get to a large airport you are likely to make significant savings by leaving it to the last minute. In addition if you can see where the snow is. If you are determined to go to a particular resort it can sell out as can many of the smaller airports and I have never tried with a large group but would imagine it can be a pain.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you want to go for a particular resort/accommodation you might find they don't have just the flights you want. but you can always travel independently if necessary. You will get deals though, provided you're not picky. But yes, if you are looking at France, early March is not a good time.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like my planned week (5th) is not a good idea, so 12th is now the target (can't do Feb due to work). Snowgood, looks like the deals only include local lift pass as you suggested and the tuition / ski hire etc are about the same as sourcing yourself so I don't think I will be bothering with those. There are only two of us so I think we will leave it until the new year to look for better prices, we aren't fussy on where we go so a bit of snow chasing sounds good to me, thanks T Bar. Fingers crossed we find something Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy