Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St. Moritz to Livignio / Bormio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at Michelin maps, it seems there is a quick route, however it appears to firstly go to the Passo del Bernina and then a fairly minor road across the Swiss / Italian border . I suspect the Bernina pass may remain open through out winter but I'm pretty doubtful about the other one. Anyone got any more definitive information ?

Thanks in advance

P.S. It appears to be closed now due to avalanche danger
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You need to take the road to tirano then the ss38 to bormio. Then the ss301 bormio to livingnio.
The bernina to livignio pass is closed in the winter.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
St Moritz to Livigno - go via Zernez and the Munt la Schera (sp?) tunnel, but check times operation as it is only one way at a time (sometimes an hours or so wait), but much shorter than via Tirano.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If its the ss38 merano via the stelvio pass too Bormio its shut in winter for certain.
Its the first or second highest pass in the Alps.
Not sure if this is what you mean to get to bormio though?
I am pretty sure we ran the red light on that same tunnel so as not to stay the night in ligivno,were lucky too, it was 8pm.
Info...
J. Clarkson drove the ss38 stelvio on the tv one summer.
It has 48 turns all hairpins then more on the way out south.
Stirling moss went over the edge once
Ducati test prototypes here.
You can stop by in Gustov Thoni,s Belavista hotel for a large 3euro beer , he will probably serve it.
His four world cups sitting in a tiny alpine village hotel and other ski kit is not something you often find in any village.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy