Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Mojo Mark 2

Poster: A snowHead
Saw this at the show yesterday, and it looks like a big step forward for the device.

By happy coincidence, Bev was taking her original one back to the stand to see if it could be shortened for her "pixie-extreme" status. The device works well for her (she is missing an ACL and quite a few other important bits of leg) but being tiny, it dwarfed her a bit and I guess I cut the rods a bit conservatively. (There was a time when that didn't mean massive cuts.) I was hoping a bit of expert tuning would solve the problem.

The advance models of the new one were on the stand and she quickly put it on and was immediately bounding around in it. The new one is so much smaller, lighter and professional than the old one. As I said at the time, it looks like a piece of sports kit rather than an orthropedic (did I spell that right?) device.

Best of all, they are offering a trade-in deal at the moment. You can upgrade to the new one for £99.

I know this sounds like I am working for them, but you all know I now do no work at all! It is just that Bev seemed delighted with the support the gadget offers and and am more excited than ever about the new season. Just how am I going to fit in all the places I want to go?

snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chris Bish, thanks for that, very useful. Have had a look at their website, and it does look better. My OH was struggling a bit with his - it took both of us and too long to get him into it!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Chris Bish, interesting!. I think I will stick with what I have got at the minute. Being somewhat bigger than Bev probably means it is looks somewhat less of an iron lung when attached to my body Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You are only a little bit bigger than me Very Happy ..............as long as no one discovers the photo of you, me and C S Jules on a chairlift! Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bev bish wrote:
You are only a little bit bigger than me Very Happy ............ Laughing

Pixie have you been on the ribena, toffee vodka or Jagermister again (or all three) rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Linds, I can guarantee that she has been nowhere near any Ribena.

The new Mojo is 100% more pixie -friendly, and I am already geting excited about prospects for the new season!

snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi,
I am a new snowhead. Anyway, has anyone tried a ski mojo with a snowboard. My wife gets very sore leg muscles after a long day.

Robert
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Grey on a tray, welcome to snowheads. snowHead That's a really good question - Mr Mojo (who recently popped up on snowheads) might be along soon with an answer.
My OH has a mojo, though he only skis. I do a bit of snowboarding too. I suspect a mojo would not be a huge help, actually, for a boarder because what it does so well for a skier is push you back up, symmetrically, whereas nothing is symmetrical about boarding unless you're side-slipping, is it? But it might quite nice to "sit down on" a bit when over on the back edge. Wouldn't help on the front edge, I guess - in fact it might be a hindrance.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi there,

"Mr Mojo" here - Although I have not snowboard myself since 1989, people who have worked for us have used the mojo with snowboards and they say it works just as well for snowboards as it does for skiers. We have several customers who use it with snowboards and their feed-back is pretty much the same as the skiers. If you snowboard boot is too soft the mojo will not transfer the weight through it quite as well as it does through the shell of a ski boot. and the attchment will probably need some "customisation", or with the new modle you could perhaps attach the boot attachment to your bindings instead, but this has not been tried yet. FYI also works well for telemarkers - A french Telemarker from Zag skis tried it at the British Ski Test in Bormio Last year and thought it was fantastic - I was with him and saw first hand that he thoroughly tested it it in all terrains.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well it is time to upgrade. Mine has taken some hammer and I keep forgetting to turn it off on chairs and have got through 3 rods so far. Skied the last day without it recently - A broken man
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I ski and board, it works fine with board boots but I found I needed to use some rubber matting to make sure the fitting didn't damage the boot too much or move around, but still works good!! Very Happy
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Having some technical issue with Bev's Mojo. It has had a lot of use this year (smug) and considering she is dodging the surgeons and, by rights, should not even be walking, it has done very well for her. My problem is that one side seems to refuse to lock. The right leg one twists to adjust and twists the other way to lock to length. The left one just spins and will not lock. As far as I can see, there is some sort of expander made of nylon inside the tube, but however I fiddle with it, I cannot get it to lock. Anyone any ideas?

snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chris Bish, take the rod right out and then try and tighten it. Hold the nylon adjuster, they sometimes lock if undone too far. Then re insert the rod in the shaft, adjust and tighten
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Frosty the Snowman, I will try that. I had an email from Martin saying that there had been a redesign after the earliest ones and I might need new adjusters.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
So if someone in your ski party has just aquired a Mojo what benefits could I expect to witness as a member of their party? Madeye-Smiley Is there anything they will find difficult to do or any allowances that I need to make? wink
latest report
Benefits - more skiing, less whingeing
Allowances -none
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, You forgot about the allowance for hysterical laughter..... when you forget to turn it off when getting on a lift and then finding your legs stuck up in the air and your co-lift passengers can't get the bar down.... rolling eyes Embarassed
ski holidays
Schuss in Boots wrote:
then finding your legs stuck up in the air and your co-lift passengers can't get the bar down.... rolling eyes Embarassed

Cor, I'm impressed you could get your Co-lift passengers so excited. Shocked Toofy Grin
latest report
geepee, I have hidden talents... wink
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
Is there anything they will find difficult to do or any allowances that I need to make? wink
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
Benefits - more skiing, less whingeing
Allowances -none
Frosty the Snowman, are there any 'allowances' that a mojo'd skier needs to make to the others in their ski party? Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
FraserP, lots of moaning that they can't keep up Smile
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
FraserP, lots of moaning that they can't keep up Smile
That'll get Megamum's attention! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
I'll catch up when the mojo wearer stops for the inevitable mojo faff NehNeh
snow report
Megamum, one leg on, one leg off makes life interesting Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
anarchicsaltire, for skiing................or is that part of the fringe benefits of ownership?! Shocked wink
latest report
I love my Mojo. Very Happy
snow report
geepee wrote:
Schuss in Boots wrote:
then finding your legs stuck up in the air and your co-lift passengers can't get the bar down.... rolling eyes Embarassed

Cor, I'm impressed you could get your Co-lift passengers so excited. Shocked Toofy Grin

Laughing
snow conditions
anarchicsaltire, Laughing Laughing Yup... I did that too. Long sweeping turns on one side and..... Ok.... let's not discuss what happened with the other side... Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Schuss in Boots, I have a rather interesting photo of you doing some long turns , what´s it worth not to publish Twisted Evil
snow conditions
kooky, A black widow? Never did get to try that so shall save it to test with you at some later point. wink And, I'll have you know that was a particularly long (and low) turn..... multi-skilled, me. NehNeh
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/AYi-lwHTMrM
Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy