Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

so who exactly is this snowboard aimed at?

Poster: A snowHead
all the gear, no idea? so, ok yeah, it's handmade with all the trimmings and tech. but for £1,880?!

i can appreciate the uniqueness provided by a handmade board. maybe i should try to demo it and see if it's any good before commenting on it. but h0ly s**t. wow. that's at least three holidays in that price tag. and i know which i would prefer given the choice.

title edited for clarification/those who only read threads off "posts since i last logged on" wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 25-10-10 22:50; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Maybe get one and garnish with some lovely flow bindings.
At £11.97 per centimetre, you'd be properly pi$$ed off when some cheerful soul parks his rental gear on top of it in the lift queue. Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Note that all Lib Tech boards (not just those going for almost 2 grand UK money) are hand made. Only the Cygnus X1 will be signed by Mike Olsen (a big cheese at Mervin) and have all their latest is-it-worth-the-cost-probably-not-at-this-price tech innovations. It's more of a tech showcase... I've never come across anyone riding one and I doubt they sell too many.

Nice statistic Richard Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote "SSHBS (Seamless Self-Healing Biopolymer Sidewalls), VTR (Vectran Torsion Rods), ULEGET (Ultra Light End Grain Eco Timbers)" Puzzled
Smells of cowdoo w*nkwords. Reminds me of my advertising copy writing days.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lechbob, Isn't it great fun though.
Seamless, ok so that will help prevent water getting into the core.
Self Healing?? Ah so there is some kind of gluey core structure that will leak out if you get a scratch ot a nick.
Biopolymer sidewalls., ok so it's vegetable plastics, cool enough and pretty expênsive at the moment.

Vectran Torsion rods, sound like a good idea.
Uleget. Sweet.

all for 2000quids.

Basically, if you see someone on one, they're probably a rich t w a t with no friends.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
Lechbob, Isn't it great fun though.
Basically, if you see someone on one, they're probably a rich t w a t with no friends.
Little Angel

No friends? They're not doing a very good job of being a rich t w a t then are they? wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Because I take little notice of the particular forum a post appears in, I keep opening this thread by mistake, thinking someone is going to tell me what snowHeads is for. Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle wrote:
Because I take little notice of the particular forum a post appears in, I keep opening this thread by mistake, thinking someone is going to tell me what snowHeads is for. Toofy Grin

I thought the same when I saw the title. Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Alastair Pink wrote:
Hurtle wrote:

Me too. Embarassed Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Erm, I think this could be an age thing... Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

Biopolymer sidewalls., ok so it's vegetable plastics, cool enough and pretty expênsive at the moment.

Maybe or it could be starch: that's a biopolymer. Potatoes the next innovation in ski technology.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Haha, sherlock235 has changed the title thread on the sly. Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hurtle, i don't wanna go scaring the old folk rolling eyes wink Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
sherlock235, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I don't know much about snowboards, but I have to agree. That's roughly the cost of four/five half decent boards, yeah? Like paying c£2,500 for a pair of skis?

You would have to be an UTTER see you next tuesday to ride one of these things, and I wouldn't want anything to do with you.

That said, if you're in the bar later/having a party/heading up to Haines, I'd really like to hear more about it in great detail... wink
snow conditions
as mentioned above....

"the healing properties of the human body."

Come on... who thought of that?... Surely trading standards would have something to say about that product description. The biggest point that the human body is alive and this snowboard isn't (although for the price it should be!)
snow conditions
In another couple of years, by the time these latest technological advancements have been dumbed down and are available to the masses, you'll all be harping on about how brilliant things are, and how you can't believe how you ever used to do anything on stuff which is now old hat.......same as with your iphones, high speed chairs and microwaves.....
snow report
The Voice of Reason must've bought one.
snow report
Richard_Sideways, wink Laughing
ski holidays
Jealous much?
latest report
The Voice of Reason, but if they chose to write the product description in a recognised language maybe we might actually know what they are harping on about now and in the future!
ski holidays
Seething cauldron of it as usual. Voice
I Suppose knowing that Mike Olsen MADE your board (well smiled at it lovingly from across the workshop, or at least had a look at it... or heard about it... by email... on his blackberry... 8 months ago after a marketing meeting he didn't go to) then its worth that bit extra.
latest report
flangesax, but then where would we all get our awesome new words to dazzle others with? You know, the sort of words used on forums like TGR by clever 'mercans, who amaze and amuse us with their trendy vocabulary, which we then secretly stash away, only to be uttered when we are trying to pull Scandinavian ladies whilst recounting the heroic tales of our first descent of the 'petit col de blah blah'.....

The very same words we rejoice about having in our armoury, which means we can then recoil in horror should they ever be used on this forum by middle aged wannabes.....and once mentioned, never shall they see the light of day again....
snow conditions
flangesax, how about this.
"We've made a new board, it's made of wood, plastic and few other things from the far end of the periodic table which you've go no hope of understanding. Oh, and the bloke who designs our boards designed it. It may or may not make you ride better but you will have at least one story for the bar later, which you can tell loudly because nobody wants to hear how you made it down a blue run without stopping. Now open your wallet and buy two because you'll want one for the wall too, even though it's not much of a looker..."
snow conditions
words (or phrases..) like 'seething cauldron'.....

(and who is this Mike Olsen everyone keeps referring to? Should I know him?)
ski holidays
The Voice of Reason, haha he is only one of the founders and main man of mervin manufacturing, the company that produces lib tech and gnu snowboards. see here for more info.

actually i feel a bit bad for starting this thread as mike olson comes across as a really nice guy in the whitelines article (which i had read recently anyway), so i was a more than a bit surprised when i found the snowboard on snow & rock's website.

the reason i posted it to start with, is cos the board's just sooooo ridiculously over-priced.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 26-10-10 11:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
sherlock235, So the main man, from Lib Tech has designed a board, specailly, for .........................................Lib Tech, what a coup.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, well, you know how hard it can be to get us idle snowboarder types off our back bottoms and do some work... wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Is this the SH equivalent of hating on unnecessesarily fast/expensive cars which we couldn't even afford to insure, let alone buy? I want an Audi RS6, which is stuffed to the gills with totally unnecessary tech and way faster than you'd ever [legally] want or need (except on a track day or the remaining portions of derestricted Autobahn, heh). I may well never own one (unless I can live in it too Confused ) but I don't spew venom at those who do. Some of that tech will trickle down to those of us driving everyday cars.

For sure the Cygnus X1 costs as much as four or five decent boards as oz5000 points out, but hey, if you've got the money and want it... why not? Bring loaded doesn't necessarily make you a terrible human being, and spending some cash on nice things which aren't perhaps the most cost-efficient way of doing something isn't intrinsically evil.

Disclaimer: Yes I like Lib Tech. No, I can't afford the Cygnus X1 so this is all a bit theoretical rolling eyes My perfectly decent Lib Tech board is now entering its third winter of service.
ski holidays
Shallimus, I get where you're coming from, but it does seem to be a board specifically aimed with bragging rights in mind. Sure it's loaded with tech (albeit without the usual crop of magnetraction or similar, or rockered/cambered, or targeted at park/backcountry) and hand crafted by Libs board designer, and is the singularly most expensive board you can buy and it's THAT which'll attract the kind of person who will happily and loudly trumpet their boards superior pedigree to anyone in range.

It's interesting you chose the RS6 in your example, an extremely quick and capable car, which can be subtle, with little to differentiate it from other saloon (or estate) cars from the outside - yet as with other S and RS owners i've known, the majority of owners are invariably incapable of constantly going on about how its miles better of every other car known to man. Expensive, tech loaded, and above all EXCLUSIVE kit attracts these kind of people.
snow report
geepee wrote:
Alastair Pink wrote:
Hurtle wrote:

Me too. Embarassed Madeye-Smiley

I've opened it thinking someone was looking for a justification for snowboarding NehNeh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy