Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Will I like Panorama? (I hope so.....): I'm back and I did :-)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Simples, Yes, there is a shuttle on the THursday to Kicking Horse

Jonny Jones, You know, we were going to do a private lesson as we progressed through the week, we didn't partly because it snowed on Weds & Thurs and we want ed to enjoy the fresh on the stuff we coudl already do, and partly because by friday my legs were shot - although that was the day we did the gnarliest, bumpiest single diamonds. I think if we go back to Fernie we'll definitely have to do a lesson and early in the week
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx, nice to bump into you, too, and your OH.

Will maybe add to this later on, as only just back, as in an hour ago, and need some kip.

FWIW the KH trip is Wednesdays, and is IIRC CAD$69 (bus transfer and lift pass) if you have a valid Panorama pass for that day, AIUI.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok, maybe a bit more info for those considering it...........Obviously all these are personal views:

Stayed in the cheap seats, two weeks, Pine Inn, slopeside. Bit tired/jaded but warm, clean, spacious, mountain view balcony and very convenient. Everyone I spoke to who stayed there saw it for what it was and had few complaints. Noise, as said, can be a problem if you're over the T-Bar, but as I wasn't, it wasn't. Slide in, ten yard walk to the lift. If you're the kind of person that needs someone to say "good morning sir/madam" in the lobby each day, look elsewhere.

Lifts are two express detachables from the base area (Mile One) and linking from it (Champagne Express), the peak chair (Summit Quad) is fixed, but not too slow. The fixed Sunbird triple was considering the expansive area served (Sun Bowl etc), and the Toby two man glacial, not that you would use the latter much.

The snow was good ("the best in about eight years") but having booked nine days prior to leaving, I knew that, and it was the main reasons for choosing Panorama for this year. Area reasonably large, decent vertical and, despite the numerous permanently closed areas, plenty of off trail/gladed sliding, the Taynton Bowl area (slight hike to access the better bits) obviously deserving special mention. Large, excellent terrrain park. However, IMO, though the grooming was good, not enough was done regularly, and despite not being a fan of heavily manicured areas, trail after trail of black diamond moguls gets a bit tiresome. Not the most boarder friendly Ca hill I've been too, occasionally also attitude wise, but really just a minor point, and no real flat areas either to compensate.

Despite seemingly being marketed as a "family" hill, which personally I found a tad bizarre when considering the overall terrain, as did some of those I spoke to affilliated to the resort, IMO it would suit good intermediates/experts better. The low seat loading height of most of the chairs being a nod to this, but frankly an inconvenience for anyone under five feet tall. Resort staff some of the most pleasant and courteous I've encountered, particularly the lifties. Apart from Saturdays/Sunday mornings, very quiet slopes, few if any queues, giving excellent quality slope time. Decent sized night skiing area, 4-9pm, free with that days pass, reasonably priced add-on without.

Nightlife not as bad as portrayed, but maybe that's down to a change in ownership, and actually had some good nights. Certainly livelier than FAR. Food limited, apart from the odd bit of lettuce/veg the only green thing I consumed all stay was a gratis lager on St Paddy's Day, but again typically Canadian. Prices generally reasonable, apart from the resort general store which, alcohol aside (it's the same price at all BC liquor outlets), was pricey. Pleasant, cosy mountain huts serving the usual fayre.

Pine Inn has it's own small outdoor hot tub, but the large main outdoor pools are only a short walk, and free to staying guests

Would I go again? Snow permitting, definitely. Overall a gem of a place, with good package deals available.

Anyway, most of the rest has been covered in holidayloverxx's review elsewhere, which I generally agree with, but if you have any questions, ask.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy