Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Board rental or Not ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey Guys,

Bit of advice on rentals in resort please. Part of the UCPA holiday deal includes board hire for the week. Whats the general opinion on the APO boards that these centres use? I usually take my board (Anthem) but the baggage costs are getting daft. Seems a shame to waste a free rental but I don't want to be stuck using a lemon for a week!!
Any thoughts ? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
APO boards are fine, its some rental bindings that you want to be worried about.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
agreed on the bindings, had a couple of problems over the years, but in my experience going back to the renters quickly results in an apology and an upgrade. Part of the reason I got a board was to save on rentals. If the rental was free, I'd take it and save the transport fees and dragging it around the airport.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can always take your own bindings if weight allowance allows and bolt them onto the rental board. Just remember to swap back at the end of the week!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
APO boards are good. +1 for taking your own bindings if weight allows.
Nothing beats having your own kit, but do agree with you, baggage costs are getting out of hand.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, my bindings and boots are going in the luggage or rucksack I think. Thanks for the heads up on APO.
Ryanair are currently charging an unbelieveable £80 to take your board!!!!!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VladIII,

I have (kind of) an APO set-up. I have an A.Snowboards Blink, which disappeared when bought off by Rossignol and the founder/designer went on to start APO. Great intermediate/all mountain board.
And I have APO Expresso bindings which I think are great. Best of both worlds: step-ins and traditional straps.

+1 to other comments about rental bindings, they're the weak point..and the boots...

Ref Ryanair, last year I managed to ctahc the flights to Salzburg the day they got realeased. £0.01 each way. I was sooo happy, until They added the taxes and I added my board. Then the tickect cost £176!! so I flew to Munich with EZY for £100.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kruisler,

Cheers.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
same situation here. I opted for all rental stuff as UCPA are pretty good with swapping. Make sure you make the mid week tune up. We didn't know about it and I had to persuade them to retune my board. Always take your own boots even though I was thinking about not taking mine if I can't fit them in my case.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Gainz,

I'll try to remember that wink . How was the whole UCPA experience ?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
excellent mate, you won't go without. food is great and place is comfortable. met loads of people and had a good laugh esp NYE. my second time UCPA in dec coming up and I cant wait. We're going to flaine, on the off-piste course.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Whizzair and Easyjet will carry boards to and from for 32 pound!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I though EZY charged £37?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy