Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

boots- space between calf and cuff- am i a freak??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
this is a weird one and cant find any threads where anyone says this happens, and none of my freinds have noticed this with their boots - so maybe im just a freak Shocked
when i flex the boot (80 flex and for a 52kg lightweight thats enough) with booster strapp and buckles done up as for skiing, the front flexes, but my calf comes away from the back of the cuff, leaving some space at the top of the boot behind my leg. Anyone else have this? Maybe it doesnt matter? maybe my calf is too skinny? Maybe the boot is actually too stiff? Any ideas?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have quite a bit of space around the cuff as well, be interesting to hear what the people who know say.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well that answers one question, you probably can't have more than one freak.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bitoffluff, I don't have access to my (well fitted) ski boots just now, but I think that when I flex forward I can stick a finger down between calf and boot. I suspect that's entirely normal.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tiffin wrote:

aw, my only claim to originality gone Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
tiffin wrote:

I think the sH massive resoundly disproves that idea Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Definately normal as the rear of the boot does not flex like the front so basicly you will always flex away from the back of the boot. Depending on how skinny your legs are and how hard you flex will depend on how much.

If you feel it is too much you can get a spolier and have it put behind your liner at the rear of the boot. This will also mean that you stay further forward and it's more difficult to lean backwards so not a bad thing to do.

Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy