Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Coach Recommendation - Hemel/Tamworth/Milton Keynes

Poster: A snowHead
I want to test my knee out in a dome following ACL rehab and am going to bite the bullet and fly over to the UK for a day, haven't decided venue but will be one of the three depending on flights etc. I am looking for a very experienced coach who can help me 'road test' the knee with a few drills,
look at din settings but most importantly I probably need someone dialled into the psychological side of things to build my confidence, perhaps even better if they've had a similar injury themselves. Prior to injury I was super confident skier but almost feel I'm starting from scratch mentally. Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gsyfreerider, Rob@bar is THE man at Hemel or skimottaret. They put me through my paces in Sölden last year in deep snow and gently teased me back to almost full confidence (conditions were not ideal most of the time for really letting go!). But their work paid off in buckets full later on in the season as I skied more in better weather.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gsyfreerider, Book a session with Pete Silver-Gillespie or Penny Chapman at Hemel, Both have had ACL injuries in the past, so know what the recovery process is all about. Pete is ISTD L4 Trainer and Penny has L4 Coach.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman,
Quote:

Penny Chapman
Any relation to Sally Chapman?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle wrote:
Spyderman,
Quote:

Penny Chapman
Any relation to Sally Chapman?

No.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Spyderman, is Penny the tall blond who is mates with Leslie P ?

Gsyfreerider, tough ask for a day in the dome, i am assuming you have done all the physical therapy and strengthening exercises... Past that it is a slow take it easy journey to test your physical limits and recover your mental toughness. I have worked with two national team level kids who both broke femurs while racing and they have recovered their confidence but had one who took a monster crash and is now "gun shy" in courses and skis out instead of taking risks. all three have won national races and are tough kids. In our club there are a couple of older racers with knee damage and we tend to SLOWLY increase the level of difficulty in gates and work on range of movement drills to test the joint. It is very much down to the individual.

Hard to work on psychological side with a coach in just a single day session...

Personally i would recommend a race coach as opposed to instructor as they will have more experience working with injury rehabilitation on the psychological side. My recommendation would be to book some time with Kelly Sage, she is an ex national team athlete, England team physio and national team coach. She works occasionally at Hemel and MK and is currently in the UK. Please mention that Scott the Yank sent you !
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd go for Pete at Hemel but TBH based on my own rehab just getting on snow and having a couple of falls is beneficial, coaching is secondary. Accordingly a day or session with Scott n Rob would work for you if you want something structured or a couple of hours freeskiing (with/without brace depending on confidence levels) will work on the check out how it feels front. Do make sure you fall though (in a controlled way) to convince yourself that its just not going to ping off again. My DIN generally hovvers around 8 which is way too low really for me.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
fatbob, im curious, what did pete work on with you post surgery?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret wrote:
fatbob, im curious, what did pete work on with you post surgery?

Sorry badly written - Pete didn't work on anything with me just that I'd probably go to him if I wanted top drawer coaching on the specific issues.

I had a bit of tele instruction when I was rehabbing cartilage and then self assessed when coming back from ACL reconstruction (a full day session would have been too much for me).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret wrote:
!

No, about 5'3" long ginger hair.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman wrote:
skimottaret wrote:
!

No, about 5'3" long ginger hair.

skimottaret On your 'avalanche' club night she was one of the freeheelers also using the slope.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman, anarchicsaltire, ahh okay couldnt place her
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret, thanks for your feedback and appreciate there's still a long way to go, will be 11 months post op by the time I go to the dome, physically I have done lots of work and am in decent nick but still short of full fitness hence why it's a good time to give it a test to see how it feels and guage how much more I need to do. I would hope a good coach could at least take me from 0 to 25% confidence in a of hours, that's a long therapy session!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gsyfreerider, good luck with it whatever you decide to do!!!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, cheers could you possibly pm me Kelly Sage's contact details, thanks
ski holidays
Gsyfreerider, sorry forgot to pm you just look up kelly sage physiotherapy on facebook i dont think her website works...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy