Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl bars

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone
Thinking of a trip to Obergurgl at the end of feb, does anyone know if there are any non-smoking bars there?
Thankyou Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
go down to Solden instead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think all bars in Austria are now meant to be non smoking !...well meant to be.. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
alicia, Is that right? I wasn't aware there were any smoking restrictions in Austria (yet!). Just booked the holiday this morning, can't wait.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alicia, jan, introduced as of 1st July this year I believe. But it is fairly open to quite a wide interpretation. If above a certain size then there has to be distinctive smoking and non-smoking areas. If below that minimum size it is up to the proprietor to decide for themselves. All the new buildings have to have completely separated areas if over 90 sq metres, I think.

The situation is fairly fluid right now as a result of Bavaria introducing very strict rules as of 01.08.2010. The non-smoking lobby is looking to work towards the same type of black and white ruling. The smoking lobby is still fairly vocal and has the support, naturally, of the tobacco industry.

I was in Sölden last weekend and was pleasantly surprised to find the Rettenbach and Tiefenbach restaurants to be completely non-smoking. There may have been a small closed off smoking Stube, but I was not even vaguely aware of it. As for the smaller Apres type bar, I think it will be a case of wait and see, then vote with your feet. The more punters do that the more quickly the bars will become non-smoking, regardless of how legendary the atmosphere is. It worked well at the Munich Oktoberfest this year (voluntarily non-smoking and they reported increased takings!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were at Hintertux last weekend and discovered that the Hohenhaus bar in the car park was anything but smoke free.

Unfortunately Austria must be one of the last bastions for skiing smokers..... Sad Sad
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy