Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sierra Nevada, Spain

Poster: A snowHead
My mum and dad are in spain and rang me today and they mentioned that there is snow on the mountains above malaga already!!! I knew that you could ski there but i have just looked at the piste map and it looks pretty impressive. Has anyone actually been here and is it a good option instead of the alps or not? Flights are pretty cheap from manchester so was just wondering what your thought of the place are if you have been.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its a beautiful place to Ski and has quite an impressive snow record although tends to be better later in the season with march and april getting some really good snow. The pistes are well maintained and have quite a lot of vareity. There is also some great off piste. Drinks and food are really cheap and if you are staying it can be quite lively. Weekends can be horrenous as all the ex-pats from the coast head up there, but through the week it is normally pretty quiet and you tend to get lots of space to yourself. Depending on your ability there is enough there for a good weeks holiday and the locals are very friendly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've been twice - had a good time both times. Really different skiing experience compared with other countries - Apres ski doesn't start until LATE!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Im going to do 2 long weekend trips this year so I may give this a go. Would april be ok or to late in the season?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree with the other guys. I've been for the last two years and it can be absolutely stunning. One word of warning though, it can be very very foggy. We lost two days out of four in February this year and when this happens there is NOTHING to do but get in the car and drive to the beach (I'm not joking) April should still be OK but get up early cos the snow is slush by mid afternoon. Great place though, really great.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Here are the webcam links, there was a slight dusting the other week but nothing to get excited about. I've done new year here once and its wasnt great but was worth while snow wise. Its a bit like Scotland weather wise...hit or miss!

http://www.cetursa.es/En%20pista/WEB%20C%20A%20M%20S

Use the search facility there are a few threads about.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very differant from the Alps, but def worth a weekend or two, however if snow good then can be very busy at the weekend, had pink snow once due to a sandstorm from the Sarah very sureal.

Also if you fancy a proper night out Granada rocks......and as mentioned earlier apres ski is probably the latest you will ever encounter.
snow report
 bangwizz
bangwizz
Went last year for 4 days, only skiied 2.5 days due to lift closure due to high winds. If the winds kick in the whole place shuts down and like previouse poster said, just get in the car and drive to the beach.

I think the one thing that hasn't been touched on is your level of skiing. If you are a begginer, I would avoid this place because 75% of the people that go are begginers which menas total overcroweding on the begginer lifts and terrein. The place is fine for low to medium intermediates. If you are good intermediate or above you will be bored stiff within half a day to a day.

This said, it can be a sureal beautiful place to ski and you have some great little tapas places for apres.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
does anybody have any ideas about finding places to rent in sierra nevada?? im thinking of driving from our place in spain and doing a mon-fri, so as to miss the busy weekends.... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Anyone have any idea how long it would take to drive there from Almeria Puzzled
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.hostalyeti.com

I stayed here, is more of a 2* hotel, individual ensuite rooms with comfy beds. Did me fine but depends what your after.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lynne melia, I drove from Murcia in just over 3 hours. you can get a rough idea of times and routes from google maps if you put in your directions.

I see from there has been a decent covering of late and may even try for a pre xmas expedition.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ideally loooking for some decent apartments...not a hostel, as will be with the in-laws.....

im driving from marbella, and it'll probably take about 3 hours.....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I,m sure the hostel will be fine for the inlaws Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Just have a search around on the internet, it is a little more tricky finding accom than the big Euro resorts but not that hard and all are pretty much located within walking distance to the lifts and centre as the resort is small.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
barthez1980,

Try this one on for size
http://sierra-nevada.costasur.com

I used them last year, they are private rentals done from an office in the square of the resort. We collected the keys , left the deposit etc and got directions to the apartment.
We got a bit of a lemon but it was cheap compared to some. Check the pictures carefully for things like curtains and chairs.....I kid you not! rolling eyes
ski holidays
I have been to Sierra Nevada quite a few times and only once stopped in the village, we usually stop in Granada and drive the 30 min journey up to the village, the hotel where we always stay in is Hotel Alixares, and its right opposite the palace and a 15 min walk into the city where there are lots of drinking and tapas bars to choose from.

Like someone said if the wind picks up they sometimes close the mountain but that has only happened to me once in 8 visits, on the plus side the is something great about ski-ing all day and then having tapas there with great views down the valley when the sun is shining.
snow report
Sir,i really thank full to you for this kind of sharing..This post is really so nice or i'm so happy to find this blog here,so thanks to you for this interesting sharing..!!
Spam! say da da da.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy