Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season In Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

I've been skiing since I was very small, I have skied every year without fail at least once and sometimes twice but never been able to do a season.

I skied Whistler a few years ago and loved it, a couple of friends have worked there over the season and rave about it. I finish Uni in the summer and want to head off in Oct/Nov 2011. Canada is my preference as I want to get as far away from UK as possible and I know it has amazing snow conditions.

Basically, going from the UK I am trying to find out the best way to go about applying for jobs and which jobs people have had good/bad experiences in? Also I am open to resort suggestions, I am looking for sick snow (obviously), challenging terrain and a decent social life...

I know is quite a vague topic thread but any help or suggestions will be awesome!

Cheers den!

Craig
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
craigski88, no idea on the answers to your questions, but welcome to snowHead and good luck with your search!

ps. you may find some info on the natives website, whilst you're waiting for answers here.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
About 5 of my uni friends are doing this this season. They flew out early, (last week) and are looking for jobs in Banff atm. I think 2 of them have got jobs already. I think the best way to do it is to get out there early and sell yourself. I'll keep you updated on how they get on.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi mate

Sorry I cant be more help but me and a friend are in the same position as you, so anything I find out, I will update here.

Waiting to hear back from a guy on a forum i'm on who is out in Whistler at the moment, so will know more soon!

Lewis
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
As long as you are under 30 you should sign up with Bunac you can find their details on the Natives website, they help getting people jobs in Canadian ski resorts, you can also try tour operators Nielsen, Inghams and TUI all have reps working in Canada.

Good luck
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Search on here and Natives, been discussed many times before Smile If you look for posts from a poster called Bonzai on Natives, he's basically the font of all Canadian knowledge.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mostly I think you need your Bunac visa and then you fly out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You could try the resorts web sites sunpeaks and silver star list jobs there so other resorts may do as well.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have mate who is heading out next week for the season. He is under 30 so applied for and got a Bunac visa which is a must for working (legally) if you wish to find your own employment, as opposed to going to a pre-arranged job with a company that has sorted out the whole work visa thing.

There is loads of info on the Bunac website about the process.

P.S I should add that I have not done this, just know about it because it was one of my options for my master plan to emigrate to Canada. I am still in the UK but that's another story...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I did a season in 2008/2009 in Canada (also with a BUNAC Visa) and managed to get a job by asking around at the London Ski Show. Managed to get some contact details for the HR Director at one of the hotels and just sent them a mail with details of when i was going out and turned up at the resort and got a job from them straight away. So may be worth asking at the resort stands during the remaining ski shows this year. If you turn up to a resort without a job then you need to be there by mid October otherwise you will struggle with finding a decent job and finding acom.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy