Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfers- Toulouse to Pas de la Casa

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know if any tour ops will sort transfers only? Or a cheapish way to get to resort?

I'd like to do a DIY to Pas. Can sort flights/accomm etc but transfers for just 2 are horrendous.

Before you say it I dont want to drive as there is no parking in Pas and I dont want the responsibility.

Cheapest transfer is £496 Shocked for the 2 return. No shared transfer available hence cost.

Any ideas?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry can't help with the transfer but i thought there was plenty of parking in Pas. There's at least one (only one i've used but i think there's others) multistory which has always seemed to have plenty of space to me. Hire car plus car park would i guess be cheaper than £496?

Good luck anyway.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Most operators will not sell transfers but they mostly arrive on a Sunday so if you take a flight you can normally pay for a transfer at the airport just ask on arrival. Obviously no gurantee they will have spaces. Crystal flights arrive between 11 and 2
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Michael B,

Who told you there is no parking in PAS?

I have done countless day trips to PAS and never, ever had issues with parking...

EDIT: and there's a bus service direct from the airport at €44pp return, but only two rotations a day.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 27-10-10 10:03; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Michael B, As Kruisler says there's a service from Toulouse twice daily - it leaves Toulouse airport at 11:00 and 20:00 and is €27 single and €45 return for adults, and children 4-11 years at 50%. My company can arrange these for you.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
£496 is crazy! We've just booked up with Inghams for 16th Jan for Pas and all in (s/c accomodation, transfer, board carriage and a week ski pass) it was £393!

You could try popping over to the Seasonnaire thread and seeing if any Pas reps are there? They might be able to sort you out a tranfer on the sly?

good luck finding something cheaper.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kruisler, Ok I know there is parking but I dont want to do it. I've been a few times and a couple of them peeps were digging their cars out etc. I just dont want that hassle.

grimmy, Going to check Inghams. Ta.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
grimmy wrote:
They might be able to sort you out a tranfer on the sly?

I was just thinking the same thing.....

Young skint student type reps have got to be easy to bribe with a few beer tokens surely?

Anyone ever done this?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
grimmy wrote:
They might be able to sort you out a tranfer on the sly?

I was just thinking the same thing.....

Young skint student type reps have got to be easy to bribe with a few beer tokens surely?

Anyone ever done this?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Michael B, When we did Pas, we always flew to Girona (is this an option for you?) and hired a car. The car hire is much cheaper on the Spanish side, we hired a 9 seater Merc Vito for the week and paid less than you were quoted.

Free parking wasn't a problem either.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
joydivision, Been via Barcalona, Snow right down to the airport. We were the only people to actually get through to Pas from anywhere, via our superb taxi driver who (even he) was doubtful we would get through. Check my pics in mediazone.

I really dont want that hassle. You couldn't pay me enough to do what that taxi driver did. So no transfer then we either go via tour op or go to somewhere else, like Belle Plagne for instance snowHead Only 32 hairpin bends up to that resort. Shocked
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Its just not cost effective to do Pas on a DIY, unless you drive the whole way. Car hire from Toulouse is expensive as you will need snow chains and will need to take the car out of France so need Andorra insurance from the car hire company.

My mate is a manager at Eurocar and we looked at getting a car from his firm out there, just to avoid the wretched coach transfer and that stupid thieving coach halt halt. It was nearly £300 with his discount for a Megane or similar.

I love Pas, but its a pain to get to unless on a TO.

The other factor to consider is that we have been seriously delayed getting back to Toulouse twice. Once because of the remains of a mega, mega March dump and the second time because of a fatal head on crash on the pass up from Ax Les Thermes. Because we were on a Thompson flight, on a Thompson holiday, the aircraft waited for us. On our own, assuming the coaches had not been held up, we would have faced a serious flight delay and bill, to get home.

The place is so cheap, TOs included, why would you want to go DIY?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Michael B, Would that have been about 2006???? we made it to the airport too....but only because the flight was delayed. I've done Toulouse as well, but we always prefer the drive up from the spanish side. Surely more of an adventure when it snows!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes it was 2006. The most epic dumps I have ever seen. Over a metre feel the night before our first day and another metre before our last day. The resort was in chaos as the pisties couldn't get to work. Half the lifts were open and the entire resort was a massive deserted powder field.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
joydivision, bar shaker, 2006 it was. We were arriving rather than departing. When we arrived and were walking up to our apt people were looking at us like we were from another planet as no one had left or arrived all day. It was still snowing the piste bashers couldnt cope for a day or so.
latest report
Sounds like 2006 was fun! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
2008 was similar. We got in and out of the resort fine but it chucked it down like I have never seen and didn't stop for 2.5 days, all as we first arrived. Lots of lifts were shut as they had to clear snow for the chairs to be able to move along. Once it stopped, it was clear blue skies for the rest of the week. I don't think any runs were pisted until the Wednesday or Thursday. Being late March it was empty and we felt like we had the place to ourselves. I'll never forget going down Llarga and Menera in waist deep powder. Every run was new tracks, all day.

When Andorra gets an equinox Atlantic storm, it gets serious powder depth. But so do the roads.

The only downside is that the highways people run their massive Caterpillar snow blades all night when its snowing hard and the beep, beep, beep of their reverse sensors keeps me awake... unless I am pished.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy