Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solution looking for a problem

Poster: A snowHead
Did anyone else at the ski show spot the plastic Ski Boot GetterOffers?

Basically a plastic plate you stand on that has a hill socket so that you can pull your boots off.
A high (well very slightly "high") tech version of a V-shaped bit of wood folks have for getting wellies off.

Special Ski Show price £25!
Normal price £30 !!

Getting those moulded would cost all of £1 at the max.

Anyone stupid enough to buy one deserves it....
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I saw them and couldn't believe my eyes, I was almost tempted to stop by just to take the wee wee. There is just so much crap at the ski show. That, power bands, a whole stand for kiddies harnesses where a retailer round the corner was knocking out the market leading ones at under half price, loads of people aspiring to be the new Fat Face with their generic lifestyle wear.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
and of course the oversized plastic bottle opener looking thing to wrench the clips on your oversized boots so tight you can remove all the blood flow from your feet
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
and not forgetting the ski carrying strap thing - I was going to call by the stand for fun but lost the will to live just feet away from it.

That kiddy harness thing basically turns your offspring into a suitcase. Must confess, used one just like it once and it worked.

So, get a few lengths of strong webbing and a sewing machine and you have a mighty wintersports business.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I saw them and almost said in my best Duncan Bannatyne accent "You've invented a solution tae a problem that disnae exist. I'm oot!".....

....but I'm far too polite and listened patiently before thanking them for the demo and moving on
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Gotta say, I found the whole thing quite disappointing. I achieved what I went there for, to buy a Sweet helmet at the only place I knew would have a full stock to try on, but apart from that, nadda of any particular interest. If I'd have payed for my ticket I'd have been a tad miffed.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The problem I felt with the ski boot pull was that ski boots are rigid. Welly boot pulls work because the boot has 'give' in it and the boot pull holds on to them tight as the rubber squishes into the gap in the 'pull'. They are worth using if you have one. I think the rigid nature of ski boot would make them less likely to work as well as a welly boot pull. I may not know a lot about ski boots, but I consider myself an expert on/in wellies Toofy Grin Twisted Evil
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
surly the reason you use them for wellies is to avoid getting mud on your hands.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Megamum wrote:
but I consider myself an expert on/in wellies Toofy Grin Twisted Evil

Cue
song. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I would certainly not pay good money to attend the Ski Show.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, It depends on how tight the wellies are and in actual fact what sort of socks you are wearing - seriously! Some sock materials are incompatible with the linings in wellies and do not slide out of wellies easily. When this happens if you can't find a convenient door frame to hook them over the base of a welly boot pull is a useful thing to have around. Due to the length of wellies it can sometimes be awkward to pull them off by hand if without doing in your back unless you can find someone to pull them off for you.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Dr John,
Quote:

I achieved what I went there for, to buy a Sweet helmet at the only place I knew would have a full stock to try on

I did exactly the same.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There was a fancy snowboard with four edges. Imagine a ski cut down the centre and the two pieces put either side of another ski. Now fix tips and tails together firmly, fix the centres less firmly so the side can flex away leaving the inner edge to hold the snow. Not being a snowboarder I have no idea on how such a board would ride.

Someone at the stand stopped me and tried to get me interested in the thing. I did have a little chat about it but thought it was quite 'dinky' compared to my skis. I said as much and, what amused me was, the lady at the stand asked in her lovely oriental intonation what I meant by 'dinky'.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Adrian wrote:
the lady at the stand asked in her lovely oriental intonation what I meant by 'dinky'.

Did you show her. wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Bode Swiller wrote:
and not forgetting the ski carrying strap thing - I was going to call by the stand for fun but lost the will to live just feet away from it.

I got mugged into watching the demonstation of how the ski carry strap worked, the sales person was quite miffed when I told her I'd never consider staying anywhere where I'd have to carry my skis. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
I took a look at the luggage that was a bit like a DaKine split roller, didn't look too bad till I picked it up, asked if it was full of kit, they said it was empty, it weighs over 8 KG. Perfect for Easyjet, fine if you don't actually want to take any clothes. Shocked
ski holidays
Spyderman, try these bags. I have about 6 of them ranging from 30L to a monster 180L, super cheap, super durable and with the 'no-frills' design they weigh nothing.
latest report
The ladies sparkly underwear stand was interesting.

Spyderman, I would have called by that luggage stand but the lady was sat there reading the paper and clearly didn't want to know. They just looked too complex.

parlor, they look perfect ta. I'm in.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy