Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Junior (11yr old) Skis and Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My son has grown out of his skis and boots this year, so we're on the hunt for something new.

Up to now, he has been on race orientated equipment, but it is abundantly clear that he is not a racer. He is perfectly competent on any slopes, and loved playing on kickers and boarder cross runs last winter, so I thought we could head more freestyle.

I can pick up K2 Juvys for somewhere around £110-£175 (depending on how far I am prepared to travel), so I want to get some more knowledge about sizing - particularly as each of the three shops I have visited/phoned so far have admitted being unsure about the sizing.

He's 141cm, 35kg, and just coming off 132cm Salomon T3Vs.

So anyone got thoughts? Should I be thinking longer than his old skis, or similar length because one goes short for freestyle?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AFAIK the Juvys go up to 141cm - the twin tips will ski shorter than they measure - I think if he is competent skier he won't baulk too much at the largest Juvys and you will get a couple of years out of them. Mine are both on shorter sets of them and they suit them fine for general mountain and getting started in the park.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The sizes are 109, 119, 129, 139 and 149. I am ignoring the smaller sizes, and suspect that 149 might be difficult to do much on, although they will ski more like a 145 or so. It's probably a choice between 129 and 139, but which?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yellow Pyranha, IMHO, if he has been skiing on 132cm normal skis, the 129cm Juvys twin tips may be to short.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yellow Pyranha,Neither is perfect as most kids would find it more comfortable at nose height IMO.But if he is a confident skier then 139, i would say as they do ski a little shorter and he will probably grow a couple of cms between now and your holiday. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy