Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's Dumping In the Alps!

Poster: A snowHead
Just had a text from Bergmeister, who drove from Munich to Hintertux this morning:

- It's dumping snow to low levels - freezing level around Mayrhofen.
- 20 cm at Lanersbach (1400m-ish?).
- Rear wheel drive hire car sliding all over and abandoned at Lanersbach (1400m-ish?) with 20cm lying in the village.

Webcams are also showing that Tignes is very white.

Bring it on!! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes, it's very wintry, but it'll soon be gone..... round here, anyway (1550m). will stay white at Tignes, no doubt. It's white down to about 1100m here. But it'll soon be gone. And did I mention it will soon be gone? There are still cows out round here, poor dabs.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mountainaddict, And I drove the other way and have to say it was not at all nice. And I had my snow tyres fitted last week!

I only live at about 800m and we had had a good 10cms when I left at 09:30 this morning. It was still snowing heavily then and looked set to stay. This was NOT the heavy snow predicted for later in the week by the way! Rather a sudden drop in the FL overnight that allowed the sleet to fall as snow. I put my bins out last night at about 23:00 and it was not cold at all! So quite a shock when the light came round at about 06:00 Shocked when I just glanced out of the window while waiting for my PC to fire up!

It is still snowing quite heavily and plenty of people have been caught out without winter equipment! This week is the traditional one for changing to winter tyres!

BTW am picking up that the Germans are looking to charge 80 Euro and 1 point for driving without winter tyres. whether that is per axle/tyre or car is not yet clear. The law could be ratified by 5th November when the German Upper House sits again. Then it could be enforced from 1st December.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
anyone know someone in the Monterosa valley in Italy? apparently its been snowing real hard over the last couple of days and the webcams seem to be promising. Freezing level is set too rise above 3000m mid week Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah confirmed heavy snow in La Tania & Courchevel all sunday & sunday night..looking pretty awesome..

over and out
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Freezing level is set too rise above 3000m mid week

It's October. wink It's pretty, it's exciting, it means SFA about snow for the ski season. Don't panic.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam, your pessimistic views continue to amuse me, your the only adult and realist amongst a bunch of kids Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Bergmeister Update:
He's reporting thigh deep powder amid zero visibility at Hintertux. Whether the snow's here to stay or not, he says it's gonna be just amazing when the weather clears!!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Up on the glaciers they're going to be having a ball! sunshine forecast for the next few days, in France at any rate (though as meteo France seems to be on strike I am relying on snow-forecast for that; they've been pretty well 100% right for the last few weeks).

milnerhome, my views are not pessimistic. Realistic, is the word. Plus it was you who said the FL is going up to 3000m. That wasn't "pessimistic"; it was presumably based on looking at the forecasts which are neither pessimistic or optimistic, just computers churning numbers.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
St Gervais (location for our January trip) is looking very white with snow covering the camera at Mont D'Arbois at 1850. I looked this morning and 'twas green where now is white Very Happy It may well be gone in a day or two, but looks lovely for now
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tignes
Tignes Les Boisses, 1850m, less than an hour ago
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin, Why does it say "This photo was taken on January 25, 2005 using a Pentax Optio WP" if this was taken an hour ago?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
surfstar, cos the clock on my camera is wrong, that's the view from my current bedroom Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hintertux website is reporting 80cm Shocked of fresh on the glacier - that's just effing incredible for October!!
Quote:

Freezing level is set too rise above 3000m midweek
It's always damaging psychologically - but a bit of freeze thaw does wonders in building a base wink.

Meanwhile, two weeks and counting until Tignes Very Happy.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mountainaddict, 110cms reported on the Zugspitze this morning by German TV. so the amounts on the austrian glaciers nearby should be mega! Smile
snow conditions
Samerberg Sue
Quote:

the amounts on the austrian glaciers nearby should be mega!
Yep - our man in Hintertux reports clear weather and 100cm of powder this morning! Amazing!!
snow conditions
yay yay yay - 20cms in Les Coches!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
Make the most of it cause there is a big SW wind coming to screw it all up!

Go hike the nearest hill...now!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy