Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sainte Foy 2010/11

Poster: A snowHead
Stevo you just keep on snow dancing and don't stop , sod the clients dinner send them down the Pitch , just don't stop dancing .
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Stopped snowing now. Hard to tell how much fell from down in resort level (the ground's a bit warm & damp down here), my guess would be 5cm tops, maybe a touch more up top.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevomcd, is it still ski-able down to resort level?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
papillion_rouge, Yes, has been every day this season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, it wasn't much. In the end, we got less than 5cm, even at the top of mountain. It has refreshed the pistes quite well, but off-piste is still hopeless.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Couple of cm overnight in resort, still snowing lightly this morning. It's stuck at resort level (unlike last week) so optimistic of a bit more up high.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Fairly light, but steady, snow all day today. Not a massive dump by any means, but very welcome!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Still snowing! It's been quite light, but now falling continuously for 36 hours. About 10cm at resort level, more on the mountain. Heading up to check it out.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stevomcd, sounds promising! If the forecasts are to be believed then more snow due at the weekend, which would coincide nicely with our arrival on sunday!

hopefully the snow isnt stopping anyone getting some skiing in. i hear conditions just down the road in la rosiere arent as favourable...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Yeah, all lifts/runs open here. On the third right now! Pistes need groomed, but should be good tomorrow. Off piste is back on the cards, bit still needs more snow to be good. Catching nice turns here and there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevomcd, Lucky you - enjoy the new snow!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Does anyone know a good way of getting from arc 1800 to ste foy station?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevomcd, is it correct that there is a FREE shuttle bus from Bourg up to St Foy?? Also if so, where does the free shuttle bus up to St foy start from in Bourg, how often does it run in both directions and does it run everyday or only on saturdays. ARE you sure it is FREE? Not heard of this one before?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowcrazy, As far as I know the Navette runs between Ste Foy (the main village) to the resort every hour or so taking in La Masure, Le Miroir and other hamlets. This is from 08.00 to lunch time then from approx 16.00- 19.00
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowcrazy, details here: http://www.saintefoy-tarentaise.com/images/bsm-sainte-foy-station.pdf

Runs every day to some extent. Not free though, cost is 10€.

Details of the Sainte Foy/Masure shuttle here: http://www.saintefoy-tarentaise.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=56&Itemid=67
latest report
BiG_tYrOnE, funicular down to Bourg then shuttle bus (as in post above) to Sainte Foy.
snow report
Pretty poor up here today.... wink

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=272750&id=16428646898&saved

EDIT: Grumble, grumble, fecking Facebook - photos all in a posh browser/album thingy, can't link direct!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 25-02-11 23:25; edited 3 times in total
latest report
stevomcd wrote:
Pretty poor up here today....

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=272750&id=16428646898&saved#!/photo.php?fbid=10150090817101899&set=a.10150090816016899.272750.16428646898&theater
wink

yup - looks crap to me. please don't put photos like that up again..... grumble grumble......... jealous, me, never!
latest report
Great today - 15cm of fresh at resort level making for some really good conditions up the hill. We were first down a couple of the runs, riding 6" or so of fresh on top of groomed piste. Very nice indeed!

Off-piste is now becoming pretty good in many places, although still hitting that evil crust in others. Got 3 runs through the pillow-lines* before I saw another track in there. Best snow on the mountain.

*Do not ask. Seek and ye shall find! wink
ski holidays
stevomcd,
Quote:

yup - looks crap to me. please don't put photos like that up again.

Little Angel but the better the pics the more people will make the hike over there wink
latest report
I was thinking today, we need to start treating the Valdisereans like greedy children:

"Waaah, we've gobbled up all our nice snow in 5 minutes, can we have some of yours?"

"No, you'll go without and learn not to be so greedy next time!"

wink
ski holidays
stevomcd, if you refresh the Facebook page with the new fancy browser thing on it it should revert to old school view. Nice pics!
snow report
stevomcd, Great photos on Facebook. St Foy definitely on the list!!! What's it like on April?
snow conditions
BobinCH, usually pretty decent in April. We're at decent altitude (1550m, with almost all the skiing above 1800m) and North-west facing so we have a good snow record. New snow-making just installed giving cover all the way back to the resort. I've been here 4 seasons and we've always been able to ride right back to our chalet right up until the last day of the season.

Usually, April will give classic spring skiing - hard in the morning, slushy in the afternoon. It's not unusual to get a dump of snow to give us one last crack at the Fogliettaz or the other classic off piste runs. Some nice south-facing stuff off the back too for some spring snow.
latest report
Back in business allright! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
That was before we got 25cm over the weekend too!
ski holidays
Cool
snow report
arrived yesterday evening to fresh snow falling. had just an absolute epic first day skiing today with beautiful pistes, sunny skies and plenty of fresh powder to be found. highlight of the day had to be crystal dark - near vertical fesh powderfield and hardly anyone on it - perfect!

going to Val D'isere tomorrow, but back in Sainte Foy on Weds. Its such a brilliant place.

snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Never mind, move along...
ski holidays
It was quite nice in St Foy today:

ski holidays
offpisteskiing, think I might head up that way myself tomorrow. Very Happy
ski holidays
How is it holding up?. Just booked a cheeky weekend 1st April. Confused
snow report
Gpjersey wrote:
How is it holding up?

It's still quite nice out back:

(today)

Pistes OK, but def some icey patches coming through, close in off-piste well skied out, but chalky if you pick your aspect...
latest report
any news on the weather out there?
snow conditions
Looking at the forecast about to improve high up , one thing for sure if you're into touring only one valley away to some amazing snow from what I hear , I'm out on the 26th and we're packing our sacks and heading east . Italy here I come .
snow conditions
On the plane out tomorrow, and arriving Friday for hopefully 3 days of sun
latest report
Raining pretty heavily in resort right now, but just seen the piste basher come down with 10cm of snow on the roof! Freezing level supposed to drop down overnight, could be good in the morning.
ski holidays
Snowing (just!) at the chalet this morning. Seems to have been pretty steady sll night. Should be good up high!
snow conditions
Was skiing in Ste Foy this morning. About 10cms ish at the top of good snow, getting heavier toward the bottom but all new snow is welcome!
latest report
Snowing overnight & this morning with the snow-line down to about 1300m. Bonus!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy